Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spinach Bacon Quiche

Errands this morning
bags of mulch and grass seed
in back of pickup
along with trash to be dropped off.
Seat beside me was filled
with groceries and a cup of
special latte from Dunkin Donuts.
This little place is new in my small
town and every couple of weeks
will treat myself to their special.

All kinds of fresh food and do not
feel like cooking.
I remembered a quiche on Judy's
blog http://thesouthernladycooks.com/

All the ingredients on hand and a fresh
bag of spinach was in frig.

So this spinach bacon quiche was mixed up
 and I have to
say
"it was a winner"

I always change recipes
so my change was I did not use the
whole 9 ounce bag of spinach,
used about 3/4 of a bag.
Also the only cheese on hand
was Colby - so used this.
Next time I make, going to
add some fresh mushrooms....

Judy, thank you

7 comments:

lil red hen said...

That's so nice to treat yourself to a special snack. Sounds like you're getting ready to work outdoors.

the wild magnolia said...

I love spinach and I love quiche. Great idea and thanks for sharing.

Dunkin Doughnuts in our south aren't very impressive. when I lived in Maine they were fantastic.

Have a great evening.

Judy said...

Hi Ernestine, So good to hear from you and so happy you enjoyed the quiche. We love this and yours looks wonderful. Hope you are having a good year and all is well in the woods. I am still cooking up a storm and ready for spring. I started herbs the other day inside and bought seeds today. Can't wait to start planting and working in the yard. The blog and facebook page have grown way beyond my expectations. There are over 14,000 on facebook and it keeps me busy answering questions and posting recipes. Take care. Love and hugs, Judy

Sky said...

Yummmmmmmm.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, Sandy, Sky, this was so good
Forgive for the blurry first image.
A long day and I was tired and did not retake image.
Judy, oh my with your followers.
I have all I can do with my journal and home and outside chores.
Take care, I miss you writing your blog so i can keep up with you.
Do not do Facebook.

kerrdelune said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely.... you words, the quiche and the photos too.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Cate, it was really good and will add mushrooms next time. Now, I have my lunch and evening meal today.