Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Different View For All Of Family Including Little Bear

My granddaughter
Sarah
shared some pictures of New York
she made with her new camera.

Certainly a different view
then what I see here in the woods...

Sunset in Thailand
reminds me of another world
for a member of my family.

Some of the family are gardening in Michigan,
walking in the city park, one couple enjoying
a wonderful home in Tampa,  one mom stays
busy with two little ones, a young man busy
with baby Bear and another has a busy life
in New York.

All of my family see something different as
their days unfold.

I was just told that corn will be planted in the front
field as soon as it dries out.  Never thought I
would like having corn growing in front of my cottage
and the garden and woods in back.
I kind of liked it.
One of my favorite past views
was this Japanese Cherry tree.
One of the first I planted for my
new home and it did not make it.

Now the best part
look at all the attention Little Bear
is getting in Nashville
attending a sorority softball game.

Life is good......

10 comments:

Lonely Rivers said...

Little Bear with the sorority girls. Makes my heart sing.

the wild magnolia said...

I love this post. Gathering from each particular corner of your worlds, your family, your memories, and his precious little self - little bear!

the miracle of internet gives so many gifts.

thank you, for sharing.

wishing you health, a plentiful garden, a peaceful days and nights.

I so loved this little visit.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

LR, this image of Little Bear makes me smile also. He has come a long way in 8 days :)
Sandy, thank you. Seems my children and grandchildren all live different lives then mom/gm in the woods...

Judy said...

Oh that dear puppy is sure having a great time! The city is okay, but I prefer the country/woods over it anyday. I never could get a good view of the horizon/sunset when I visited the city. Too confining for my tastes--but my two grand daughters love city living.

lil red hen said...

I much prefer your woods!! I'd be so lost in the city.

It makes me very happy to know the puppy is being loved. Wasn't he a lucky little fella!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte and Judy, I just cannot believe what has happened in 8 days with little Bear. Will see how it plays out when everyone gets out of school the end of May.
I finally feel like my normal self.
There were 5 days of worry and no sleep over this puppy.
I keep telling my grandson that Bear is a country dog :)

Sky said...

so happy to see little bear is getting plenty of attention. also sorry you worry so much - i think you are what i have been called - a worrywart! (i think you'd win the prize though if we ever competed! hahaha)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, you know me well :)

mermaid said...

The photos and accompanying text remind me we all have different experiences. Yet, we all want the same thing.

I trust you are well?

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Dear Kaveri, thank you for commenting. I have been concerned over you :)
I am alright
Just busy
and this was suppose to be my not so busy home.
Issues - just think they are part of aging.
Hope you are feeling better.