Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, March 5, 2012

Everywhere

There everywhere
going and coming.....
Fun time at Disneyland,
arriving from Jamaica,
beginning a cruise,
may be end of college time
and even boot on ankle
did not keep him from going.
Walking the dog
in another state,
another seeking wisdom regarding
her future
and it is evening in his part of the world.
One more beginning a new career opportunity
will work from home and
another in a Northern state
and wonder what is going on....

The matriarch
was up at 4:00 to check
the howling wind
Callie did not even want to go out

Prayers finished and
zucchini bread in the oven

Meditation time,
breakfast and
hopefully tree boy arrives.
I always refer to them as a boy
until after 30.  With the wind he
may delay a day.

Another day begins
and I am so happy that
no one wonders where
I am.

This little home is where
I want to be.
The busyness of the world
I want no part of.
It is busy enough here in
the woods for me....


3 comments:

lil red hen said...

As the saying goes, "there's no place like home!" Some think I'm crazy I guess, but I hate leaving home for appointments, etc. I have so much I want to do here, it's where I'm happiest.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, I am your twin. For years raising children and working.
If I could I would go to the grocery once a month. But really need to get out once every week to 10 days for errands - so I keep my sanity. Maybe I am not sane - but
I am happy :)

Judy said...

I love being home and have to push myself to make appointments--let alone get out and go to them!