Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Yesterday

Yesterday was a busy day
seems most of my days are filled
with outside work
but would have it no other way.
Bush hog arrived and more land
 edging the woods was
cleared of underbrush.
Ready for the Spring
wild flowers to emerge.
More birds are returning to feeders.
It seems that yesterday it
was summer.
Winter clothes have replaced
the summer apparel on the shelves.
This morning a few degrees from
frost and a heavy sweater feels good.
Leaves are not showing their
brilliant colors
but soon they will be glorious.
Thoughts that it will not be long
that another year ends
and a new one begins.
It seems yesterday I was young
and now old.
Why is it when I was young I
seemed old and now that I am
old the spirit is so young.
Very aware that yesterdays were so
much more abundant
then the days remaining.
Ever thankful this early morning that
I am granted this new day and
I am Home...,.

9 comments:

sallysmom said...

A beautiful piece of writing today.
Sallysmom

the wild magnolia said...

A wonderful welcoming path to greet me. Your words wandered down and back on the path of life.

Great share and I feel much the same.

Blessings.

Tabor said...

My weather here is colder and I turned on the heat last night because my son and his girlfriend were visiting...it seem to early for heat!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

sallysmom and Sandra, thank you for visiting.
Tabor, I turned my heat on last night. I think we are going to have an early winter. Nothing to base it on - just sense it :)

Judy said...

Ah yes--again the knowledge of the passing of time left in our days.

Sky said...

where does this path lead? i see a few buildings at the end and can't determine if these are on the other side of the path or if the photo was taken from the path looking toward your home.

it is beginning to look very open now. hard work, huh? you are always so busy and getting so much accomplished. :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, this is the path approaching my cottage. You can see it through the trees'
Yes, a lot accomplished and I am ever aware I cannot keep this up this pace so trying to get my plans finished. Have a vision of how I would like it to look.
Will see if this happens :)
So I can relax more and enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

A delicious post. I so relate to your love of being outdoors and the pull, the push to do all that hard work, as well as looking forward to what the seasons will bring you as reward. I also deeply related to your words about being old when you were young and being youthful in spirit now that you are older. Beautifully put!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

madwomandancing, thank you so much for commenting. Read some of your blog - relate to you new friend..