Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Excitement In The Cottage

Yesterday.....

I always keep the screen door propped open
so Callie can come in and out.
Opened the door and like times
in the past a small bird was on the porch.
Sad, just flying from one end to the other
and hitting against the screen.
Picked up my butterfly net and was trying
to catch it - when I noticed the door to
the cottage was still open.
So, a bird is in the house.
She (will name her this) flew against the
window in kitchen  and as luck would have it
on she flew into my utility room and
I quickly shut the door.
Opened that door which goes into
the garage.  Opened garage door
and out she went.

I know there is someone watching over me.

If the bird had stayed in the house with these
high ceilings
I can just image a mess and maybe some damage...

10 comments:

Judy said...

Good thinking on your part. Such excitement!!!

Balisha said...

I remember when we had a hummingbird in the garage. It took us forever to show it the way out.Another time a bird flew in the door and flew right into the Christmas tree. It kept flying into all the decorations. What a mess. Poor little things must be scared to death.
Balisha

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

So glad she was able to just take a tour through your lovely home on her way back out into the wild world.

She didn't have to be in a real panic mode being in an enclosed space for very long.

FlowerLady

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, Balisha and FlowerLady, thanks for visiting. I felt so helpless and so thankful it found its way out. I could just feel its little heart beating. I know mine was :)

the wild magnolia said...

You do have it going on, One Woman, and someone is watching over you. Some one grand and filled with lovingkindness, just like you.

Wishing all the best blessing.

Elsa Louise said...

...for His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me...

The little bird may still build a nest nearby, knowing there is a friendly spirit in the neighborhood.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandra, thank you for commenting
and Elsie - I thought of those same words when this was over :)

Sharon said...

That provided some excitement for your day! You are the second person this fall to share such a story. I wonder if the birds are confused with the changing seasons?

Anonymous said...

Sigh. Relief. Glad you had the feeling of being watched over. I wonder if that feeling's accessible all of the time--no matter what the circumstances?

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sharon and Ellen - I just do not need to leave the screen door open :)