Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Another Old Barn

Trip to the big city this morning
As I stood looking out the 8 th floor window
wish  my camera was not in the car.
The Nashville skyline
the one one I left over 2 years ago
looked beautiful.
Good news about hearing test.
Has been 8 years and my hearing has
improved.
12 years ago while caring for my mother
lost hearing in right ear.   Went through a lot
of tests and MRI and they could find nothing
unless it was because of a virus.
Driving home
pass so many old barns and was able
to take another pleasing image.
When I download the image
it seems to look so much more
beautiful then what I see with my naked eye
Wonder why?

11 comments:

Tabor said...

On my RedBubble photographic profile, that is one of things I comment on. It is amazing that what I thought I saw was not what I actually saw1

the wild magnolia said...

I clicked on the image to enlarge and the photo is stunning. There are programs with Hewlett Packard, I got one with my Nikon, and my MacBook Pro has one. You can edit a photo, lighten or darken. and many other things, sepia tone, antique. There is much more available and I've been researching and can't make up my mind just what I want.

The photo is quite lovely, you can never have to many old barn photos.

Thank you, for sharing....((hugs)) across the miles.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, thank you - wondered if it was just me. Sandra, there is so much out there that I am not familar with. Need a teacher.
Just shoot and post :)

kerrdelune said...

How I love these old barns - if only they could tell us their stories...

Judy said...

Beautiful--wish I were there.

Balisha said...

Wouldn't that make a beautiful painting?
Balisha

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

That would make a beautiful painting or card!

I love old barns.

I use Picnik to play around with my photos. I just got Adobe Photoshop Elements but have not toyed around with it much.

Sharon said...

I thought it looked like a painting, too, or that it would make a challenging jigsaw puzzle. I wonder if anyone has done an exhibit of photos of old barns?

Anonymous said...

Is this post about small miracles? I think so.

Sky said...

you could order a large print of this barn photograph and mat and frame it for your home! it is lovely, and you should be very proud of this shot!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Cate, Judy, Balisha, My Jamie, Sharon, Sky and Ellen, thanks for the comments.
I do not know how to change images
that I take - so my they are original to what my camera finds in the lens. To repeat myself - so many times surprised when I download. As I travel that road today I will look at that barn again to see if it is really that
beautiful :)