Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Morning Fog As Day Breaks Into Sun

Early morning fog
over the dried soybean field.
In hours a
sunny cool day.
Hoping for  harvest soon
and planting of winter wheat.
The bright green field would
be a delight to view
through the winter snow
instead of a clear earth field.
But then both are beautiful
in their own way.

I guess just like each of us ....

For a change, do nothing.
 Do it without fear.

See how in doing nothing,
everything is somehow done.          

Words from  ~~The Mystic Garden~~  by Gunilla Norris

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"For a change, do nothing." Interesting point related to those of us who are aging. :) We usually think in such a different way. Be the change.

Beautiful photographs.

Sharon said...

If the idea is to not try to make things different...then that is my lifelong lesson. Beautiful quote.

Judy said...

I love winter wheat--so green when normally everything is dead.

Tabor said...

Wonderful words to some lovely photos. Great inspiration. I should do nothing, but have been doing nothing for days and today heading out for some volunteer training and hoping I can do it without having to stand on my feet.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

First50, Sharon, Judy - thanks for visiting.
Tabor, take it easy - my volunteer days are over - have to much to do here in the woods :)

the wild magnolia said...

Stunning photo of early morning fog. Know this is part of your world, where One Woman Journeys, makes it even more special.

Great share.

I'm loving this quote, something we Americans have to learn.

Thank you, for sharing. Blessing wished for you.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandra, as always - thank you for visiting and your kind words.

kerrdelune said...

Oh my , this beautiful field looks as though it could be in my back yard and just across the old rail fence.

Anonymous said...

nice !!!