Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Purple

I love the color purple.
This is one of my favorite Fall plants.
The purple Aster was named "the last flower of summer"
by a dear friend who passed away about 15 years ago.
She shared this with me almost 30 years ago and I have
taken a piece of it from home to home over the years.
I have shared it with many people and it never fails to
grow and spread.   Plan on planting it all over these woods.
It has now returned home to where it began growing for me.

A cool and misty rain morning.  The rain will help settle the dust.
 Hopefully I soon feel better
from  allergy symptoms that have plagued me since I did a lot
of mowing of leaves in the dry woods.   It was like driving
through a fog and I should have known better.
With Sjogrens and constant dryness in  eyes
and mouth it makes the allergy symptoms a lot worse.

Wishing you happiness, health, safety and peace
this very day.

10 comments:

Judy said...

OH--I love those masses of color!!!

Sky said...

i love asters, too. they are the flowers of sept, my birth flower! in fact, i love asters so much i used the word as part of the official AKC name for one of my pups. your mailbox area is quite beautiful, and i am sure it gets lots of attention from those driving past.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, my favorite to.
Sky, another thing we have in common. Sure cold here today...

MsGraysea said...

I once lived in a small cottage the entire backyard became a sea of wild asters in the Fall. Just love them and yours are so bountiful....lovely approach to your haven!
Hope you feel better quickly. Allergies seem very difficult for many this year.

Balisha said...

I saw this early this morning. I had already written a post about mine, so I thought... no harm...there could be two about purple asters. I love these perennial asters and also the annual ones....though I haven't grown them in years. Someone told me to divide the one on the corner of my little garden. I really love the size of it...a mass of purple just like yours. I noticed that people down the road have copied me...they have these asters out by the road this year. I feel that the more color the better in the fall. Our trees are losing leaves so fast. With the winds predicted...many will fall tonight.
Hope you feel better.
Balisha

mermaid said...

A seed that is meant to thrive will grow anywhere! Royal purple.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Marcia, I brought this on myself.
Balisha, I plan on dividing mine next Spring and planting in a number of places.
Kaveri, you are so right.
So cool or cold this evening and yes leaves are falling everywhere.

the wild magnolia said...

I must sigh with the beauty of your Asters, and woodlands, and sharing.

Tremendous post.

Take care of you.

I had fun visiting you......❤

Unknown said...

Beautiful photo of those asters!!!

I have been reading about "purple" for this season - in home decorating and in fashion!!

You have it in mother nature - really wonderful!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Millie and Sandra,
thanks for visiting. Oh this purple is beautiful and brightens a cloudy day :)