Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Bush Hog Work

This is a project I was not going to do.
Along the drive approaching cottage
this area was thick with undergrowth.
Pleased with the outcome.
Beginning to look like a park.
Next many small limbs and branches
will be picked up and some trees
trimmed  -  maybe I will be
able to drive my small lawn tractor
over this area.
Now I really do not need to do this
have enough to do.
But it can be cut once a year
with the big mower to keep it tidy.
A bush hog can do a tremendous
amount of work in a few hours.
Will be exciting to see what wild flowers
emerge next Spring.

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

You do have a nice park like setting and it will be neat like you said to see what spring blooms pop up.

Enjoy your autumn weather.

FlowerLady

the wild magnolia said...

The most precious stories are true as the soil of earth.

Thank you for sharing these thoughts.

Blessings to you One Woman.....

Sky said...

it is interesting that many of us are already thinking about spring when winter is not here yet! wildflowers are such a delight, and i will enjoy your photos. i was imagining yesterday how our "josephine" clematis will look draping herself along the evergreen lined path with 2 other varieties of clematis outside our bedroom. they jump from the arbor across the path forming floral vines in the arborvitae, falling like water toward the ground. it is glorious to lie in bed and see the petals flowing in waves down the green branches. spring won't get here soon enough...our summer was soo very cool and short and we are not ready to bid it goodbye.

Judy said...

I so would love to walk that trail.

Balisha said...

I think I need one of those machines. Just kidding...My little woods cleans up well with a weed whacker. I did a little out there this morning.It's easy in the fall to trim and pull things around shrubs and statues...in the spring we can't visualize how big things will be.This year, everything is over grown. I like things pretty simple in the woods...You have such a beautiful "retreat" to go to. Enjoy...Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

FlowerLady, Sandra, thank you for visiting. Judy, you can walk with me anytime.
Sky, how true, Balisha this area is quite large and the space at the back of it is more natural.
No way I could do this by hand...