Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, April 15, 2012

One Woman Shares - Much

A bumper crop of acorns last Fall
has resulted in a bumper crop of
small trees in my gardens.
I pull them up and surprise there
is the acorn on the end.

As I look at what has grown over
the last two years - I wonder
is this a blessing or a curse.

All of my gardens have done well
but now I believe the future
of many of these plants as they multiply
 will be placed
in the woods, shared or given
back to the soil.

This success may soon be more
then One Matriarch can care for.
I really had some doubts that  at the
edge of the woods it would
be this successful.
My goal was a smaller version of what was
created in the past - has not happened.

Iris are blooming also my beautiful
red  peony, hosta's are massive.
Red and yellow Knockout roses
are beautiful at the moment.  Hope
the beetles do not visit again this year.

Someone sent little Bear a red scarf...
My grandson shares that when he
took him to the veterinarian for more
shots - they bragged on him.
Oh, he is so smart and well mannered.....

My heart is smiling real big -  for one granddaughter
in New York.  She is going to work for
one of the top vegetarian restaurants in N.Y.
The beginning of her dream coming true.

My last meal was savored last night
as preparation begins for more tests
in the morning.  I am very tired of
needles being put in my arms.

May all who follow my rambling
besides children and grandchildren
know how special you are to me.
Several days ago when I tried to
get online my service would not
cooperate.   After many phone calls
learned that this area was having a
problem.  Thank goodness not my
computer.  I shared with the young
technical assistant that this was my
connection with family and the world
outside these woods....

May we all
be
Happy, Well, Safe, Peaceful and
feel Loved in our hearts....

14 comments:

sallysmom said...

You are loved as well.
Sallysmom

the wild magnolia said...

Life is full of surprises, even more so I think, as we are in the golden years. Life with its physical challenges as we age gives us freedom of time to choose what we do. I like that, a lot.

You have done well with you choice. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love you and ((hugs)) One Woman.

mel said...

Peace.

Pienosole said...

Thank you for your shared good wishes! I wish the same :-).

lil red hen said...

The little oak trees, attached to the acorns, made me think of our maples. Their seed pods blow in the wind and right into my flower beds, making them look like maple nurserys.

Take care in your daily chores.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

sallysmom, sandra, mel, pienosole and charlotte, thanks for visiting.

Balisha said...

Hope you have good results from your tests and can get back to your life at Woodhaven. Healing thoughts are coming your way.
Balisha

Beverly said...

Hope the tests are ok...I love seeing your pictures. I cannot how good the one of the hummingbird is! I keep waiting....

Sky said...

had no idea you were facing more medical issues - if i missed reading a post about that here, i am so sorry. :( in any event, will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow and send many good wishes your way. hope they don't hurt you with the IV - i hate them, too, and always require that they deaden the area with an infant size needle before they plunge that darn catheter IV in. many hospitals are "supposed" to do that anyway, but it takes more time and they don't bother. hugsss, ernestine!

Sky said...

oh, well - i realize it is "today" that you are having your tests. i just have not been to bed yet (it is 1 am here), so it feels like monday is "tomorrow" to me! :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, Beverly, Sky, thank you for visiting. I have had this test twice in the past. Last 9 years ago and do not remember the prep making me as sick as this time. But this morning all is well and looking forward to having this behind me. Your friendship is special....

MsGraysea said...

Wishing you well and a quick end to the tests. I love the coral bells next to the hostas in your garden. They are so beautiful.
Little Bear leads a charmed life and is so so precious in that photo.
Love right back at you, Ernestine. You always bring enlightenment with your words.
Marcia

Judy said...

Hope the tests come out great!! Your pictures are so lovely.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Marsha and Judy, thanks for visiting me...