Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Frosty Morning

What a difference a week makes.
Some sweaters packed away
have been retrieved this early morning.

Fields are covered with frost
but
look at what was planted last year
on a trellis by front porch.
What a beauty.

What Love Says

~~Attachment is the very opposite of love.
Love says,
"I want you to be happy."
Attachment says,
"I want you to make me happy."

Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo

8 comments:

lil red hen said...

I guess I feel an "attachment" to these beautiful flowers. If we get frost I'll be covering up some tiny new plants ~ bother!

Balisha said...

Anyone in a relationship would benefit from reading that quote.
I think that I have that same Clematis. Aren't they beautiful?
I have just put away my winter clothes...and now I need to get some things back out. What a strange year for weather.
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte and Balisha, thank you for visiting :)

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Your flowers look beautiful! We have HUGE white iris by the mailbox and my knockout rose bush is doing well this year. Yea! This is it's first full year. Cold, cold this morning. I made Miss A wear her winter coat and Miss C wear a fleece jacket!

Sky said...

we just bought a clematis which looks much like that one to add to our hedge of them. the vines grow across an arbor and then trail up the very high evergreen branches of the arborvitae near our bedroom window. in a few weeks the flowers will be hanging down these green branches looking almost surreal. we won't be able to see their own vines, only their blooms! white, purple, and the pink stripe. oh, i can hardly wait!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

My Jamie and Sky, thank you for visiting. Finally computer back on :)

mermaid said...

Powerful quote reminding me I can love but cannot control!

So glad to hear the flowers are blooming and waether is chnaging where you are:)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Kaveri, as always - thank you for visiting....