Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Surprise Visit

Fall break has ended. Guess who was at my door. My grandson Gavin. His grandfather had picked him up from the airport.
He is back in Nashville from his home in Massachusetts to continue his first year at Vanderbilt.
A visit that I did not expect.

Hard for me to believe that this 6ft2 grandson was the little boy that use to visit me. Of course with my being 5ft2 and in my sock feet when he hugged me - he really seemed tall.

An unexpected evening visit that put a smile on this One Womans face.

4 comments:

L. said...

How nice for you! : )

Ugich Konitari said...

is it just me, or does anyone else see the resemblance between grandma and grandson ?

Judy said...

I saw the resemblance between the two of you as soon as I saw that picture! What a nice surprise for you. I went back and looked at the pictures of your farm again. The barn looks like it should be in a painting or something. I love the looks of your place.

Nan said...

Wonderful for you both!