Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Nanie's Home 317 Rose Street - Lexington, Kentucky


I just received a copy of this photograph through email. A cousin sent it to me. Needless to say I am thrilled. I could not have been over 6 or 7 years of age when I visited this home.
I described it pretty accurately. The first picture is Nanie and Mattie the cook.

I also made a mistake on my great grandmother's last marriage. I will put the correction with my papers and will not try to correct it on my journal. Have enough trouble writing them and I might mess up what I have already entered.

Also made a mistake in the spelling of Nanie's name and I was able to correct this. I have always written Nannie.

This One Woman's Journey in regards to years ago is going to be interesting. To quote Ronnie "No two people see things alike. And, all too often, the things we relate can take on a life of their own as they pass from person to person".

Ronnie, thank you.

5 comments:

Jessi Cotterill said...

It's a big house and must be full of good memories with all families and friends in the past.

Darlene said...

I can see why this house would be a child's delight. I can imagine having lemonade on that spacious porch.

Tabor said...

Is this house still standing?

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene, I am so pleased my cousin sent me this picture. I can see why it made such an impression on my child mind. My home would have fit on the porch LOL
Tabor, this home is no longer standing.

Gail said...

I have very clear memories of my Grandmother's house. Especially under the front porch where we made mud pies! Maybe it is the perspective we have...from below that also makes the memories so fascinating. We look up into that adult world and so often aren't seen, so we can observe so much more!

It was a lovely home.

Gail