Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, October 5, 2008

October Continues









I have a note on my desk "do not turn the computer on "Sundays".
Guess I am not very disciplined. I cannot stay out of my garden and cannot put my camera down. I notice most of the pictures I am posting are purple and lavender. Two of my favorite colors. There are roses, zinnias, cosmos, marigolds and other flowers still in bloom. Will just stop with the pictures at this point. A new skill I am learning.

It is a beautiful sunny day in Tennessee. Still no rain for weeks. I am amazed of all that is still blooming in this small city garden. It is beginning to look shabby but the butterflies seem to enjoy it. There are so many and they almost land on my arm. Wonder what another year will bring - maybe that is what they will be doing.
So here are a few images. Plus a big grasshopper that I was able to capture. He blended right in with my basil and I almost did not see him.
A Sunday afternoon on this One Woman's Journey

5 comments:

MsGraysea said...

What a beautiful post and you are doing so well with the photos. I read in your "books waiting" that you have George Colt's "The Big House". That house is on the Cape and I read that book when it first came out and LOVED it so much that I went to find the house in the dead of winter on a sunny day. The house was all closed up for the winter so I very boldly went up and sat on the porch in the sun and gazed out at the water. I also walked the grounds and saw many places which are mentioned in the book. Let me know how you like it. It is on the West side of the Cape....far from Chatham and sits on Buzzards Bay. You will love it.

Beverly said...

Ernestine, what is the name of the purple "daisy" looking flower on the bottom photo, and what is the vine on the fence? very nice...

Jessi Cotterill said...

The flowers are so beautiful. The basil leaves are so big, not like the basil in my country.

I'm happy for you to have such a beautiful garden and all the flowers blooming.

Gail said...

Ernestine,

Hello...It is good to read you and see your lovely flowers. Funny you should open with your note on Sundays and no computer. I am trying to take time off from the computer, too! It isn't easy! Change never is!

Gail

Judy said...

The pictures are just beautiful. You are such a photographer. I love purple and blue flowers, too.
The lilac is my favorite because it reminds me of my childhood and smelling the lilacs outside my bedroom window in the mornings.