Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, March 16, 2020

Day 8 Inside

I have been nowhere for 8 days.
Up at 5 and bed by 8.
Days are full, meals, computer, camera, reading, a few calls, some desk work and doing something
new over last year - coloring about an hour before going to bed.  It is calming, with no thoughts going through your mind.   I meditate and prayers continually going through my mind for my family, the world and all that is going on in our world at this time.

This afternoon home health care nurse made one of her twice-weekly visits to check blood pressure
and questions how I am doing.  So what do I say at this ancient age?   I am moving continually, should rest more but seem to rarely stop, eat all I can.  Really much is the same.  Do not like my immune system, heart attack and pneumonia 7 weeks ago, but always healthy for 80 years accept arthritis in later years, so really have nothing to complain about.   Thankful but now much I do not like, accepting, ready to go and guess it was a choice I did not make that my life continues onward
for some reason :)  Just never want to be a burden to my family.

I miss walks in the woods, being outside to view what is coming up in flower garden, miss weeding and oh how I miss my son, daughters, grandchildren.

Call from my oldest granddaughter  yesterday who is a teacher has new little one a few months old and one
2 1/2.   Her call brought me so much pleasure and the toddler came to the phone and so clearly
said "hi grandma Ernestine"  pronounced the name I have never liked :) so clearly.

So pleased that Jessica and boys at her inlaws who live outside of New York in an area like the country.   Perfect environment while all the world problems are going on.  Her husband works in New York and doing much from their home.

I miss everyone, just finished call from my youngest daughter, she works from home as a writer.
My two granddaughters off for Spring break, all staying close to home.

So all is well, so much going on and hopefully, it ends soon and my son can fly to this cottage
in the woods.




6 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

PIENOSOLE- CARD ARRIVED :)

Rebecca said...

What an encouraging post...
Your example is a fine one.
We, too, are "living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time, accepting hardship as a pathway to peace..."

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Rebecca, your words - so special, thank you for them.

Pienosole said...

🙏🏻😊❤️

Carolyn Marie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.