Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, March 23, 2020

14 Days Of Isolation

I say 14, yet two short trips out.   One to the dentist a week ago.  His nurse helped me as he had not
been in the office for 4 weeks.  The morning I find out he passed away yesterday, testing positive for this Virus, sad for his family and I had been going to him for over 20 years.

I feel safe since he had not been in the office for 4 weeks.   Then the thought arises is anyone safe
from what is happening in our world.

I have not felt like writing and stay concerned over my family, special people and our whole world.   I Seems I keep repeating the same news.

Granddaughter with a toddler and 4 months old, the husband has gone to a family home that is miles
outside of New York where they live and work.    My grandson and wife still in New York.
Another granddaughter does not want to leave Nantucket.   Son still in Thailand and tells me it is safer there than in the US.   So I wonder is this true or is he just saying this to keep his mom calm.

Two daughters work from home in the Nashville area, 2 granddaughters - schools are closed.   So think
I have covered everyone.

Have a kind and thoughtful handwritten note on my desk.   Every day I look at it.   This one always
wrote many letters, sent cards and now with arthritis in fingers, I am pleased to have this computer
and have not responded with a typed note and so sorry and ashamed

So life continues and miss driving after Pneumonia and want to once again but this is not the right time
to begin.

Some groceries delivered today and ordered a lot of organic soup from Amazon.   I made a mistake
and placed an order twice for Thai Coconut Soup, it is so tasty and can't cancel one order.  A lot of cans :)
I will share with my 2 daughters.

Rain daily continues and
the sun will be welcome when it comes to stay.

Everyone
please take care of yourselves
wish you were near.

2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Good to read you Ernestine, I've been busy with the website tracking the outbreaks, I had to take a break for a while. So concerned as so many taking this lightly.

The US is frightening a lot of people as it is ripe for massive contagion. So is the building I live in out here.People not isolating even when told to.

All in all a strange new world. Thailand is safer than the States.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

WWW, thank you, stay safe.