Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Careful

Did not realize I was still so weak after 3 weeks, being weary of waiting until someone made a visit
because it is Sunday and missing my New York Times that is thrown into the long drive - I decided
to go retrieve it this morning.

Down the stairs to where car is parked I go, careful, get into the car, open garage door and back out, all is fine.   It seems so good to drive slowly down the long drive.   Difficult to pick up the paper, take the cane and leaning outdoor drag it closer to door, holding on to steering wheel able to pick it up and place in the car, I back into the field and turn the car around and head for the house.   So pleased but now going back upstairs holding rails and holding the paper is very tiring.   Finally inside and grab inside walker and so thankful.   I did not realize it would be so tiring for me.

Pleased it is over and I am safely back inside and later today for the first time since the home will look at my paper.

9 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Get one of those long tongs Ernestine to reach into high places and low places, it will make it so much easier for you. A grabber or something they're called. Amazon probably carries them.

Rest up and try not to do so much. I know how frustrating that is.

XO
WWW

Sallysmom said...

Ernestine, be very careful.

Pienosole said...

Glad you made it back inside safe and sound! Take care. 💖

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

thank you to]each who comment
not feeling the best today
and long for more energy, to be able to walk in the woods and so much more.

Sheila said...

Congratulations, Ernestine! You did it! And made it safely. And that's more than you did yesterday. Rest up and enjoy your paper. Your strength will come back in time. I know it's frustrating to want to do things and worry about being able to. The grabber is a good idea. I have one and it really comes in handy.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

thank you, Shelia :)

kerrdelune said...

Three cheers for you. You wanted your Sunday Times, decided to retrieve it yourself, and you did it! Your strength will come back, Ernestine, just be very careful and be gentle with yourself.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Kerrdelune, thank ypu.

Unknown said...

Okay...

This might sound pretty creepy, and maybe even a little "supernatural"

HOW would you like it if you could just hit "PLAY" and listen to a short, "miracle tone"...

And magically bring MORE MONEY into your LIFE??

I'm talking about thousands... even MILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Do you think it's too EASY?? Think it couldn't possibly be REAL??

Well, I've got news for you..

Sometimes the most significant miracles in life are also the EASIEST!!!

Honestly, I will PROVE it to you by allowing you to PLAY a real-life "miracle money-magnet tone" I've synthesized...

You just click "PLAY" and you will start having more money come into your life. starting almost INSTANTLY.

TAP here now to experience this mysterious "Miracle Abundance Tone" - it's my gift to you!!!