Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Just Do It

A quick trip to the market
one asked "how can you do it"
I answer
just did, no one here, if a problem would turn around and head home.

But I made it....

Last night
I directed, good girl, mixed this simple Brownie recipe.
Such an easy recipe, so good and Nan I thank you.

They are so good and thought of icing them, need all the calories I can consume :)

This one likes only homemade
I do not like store bought.

I might add that when I discovered
"Madagascar Bourbon
Vanilla Extract" it is all I will use.
The scent coming out of the bottle and the flavor it adds
is wonderful.

Last night the girl who arrives some early evenings to help me brought a dish of her mother's
chicken and dumplings.
Oh, my so good and a long process of making homemade dumplings
I have never tried.

Tonight I have my late meal, the gift of dumplings with a green veggie, sliced homegrown tomato, cottage cheese,  tea and my homemade brownie's:) with a big glass of milk.

Lucky me and so very thankful.











5 comments:

Nan said...

SO happy about this!!!!!

Rebecca said...

That vanilla sounds amazing! Where do you find it???

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Rebecca, I ordered from Amazon but Whole Foods has it and not near me.
Do not know what I would do without Amazon and I always compare prices.
But so easy for bulk tissue and other items.

Pienosole said...

:-) :-) :-)

Judy said...

This post makes me smile.