Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Heat Returned

The cool mornings were a delight for this one
but they have left
an hour ago 98 on my screen porch.

A package from my Beth arrived, felt like Christmas with 2 simple coloring books which I like,
the ink pens I use, new mouse pad and samples of cologne from the upscale shop she goes too.
All so welcome.

Seems shots to help the pain in shoulder and knees have now expired, so not a good week body wise.
Pleased mind continues on in all matters and trying so to think good and thankful thoughts.

Jet Pack I use to connect to the internet just stopped so many calls to Verizon and pleased
computer back in service as new one arrived late yesterday.  Connection in my rural area is not the best and what in the world
would I do without my computer?

"Inner Peace begins the moment
you choose not to allow another person
or event to control your emotions"

Pema Chodron

regarding the quote
I am still learning


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a fine package to receive! Thankful your mind is employed productively. Compensates at least a bit for the body's dysfunction. Hopefully you can get another shot soon
Happy holiday weekend.

Tabor said...

Technology is always challenging and testing us. Those of us who are more at home than away truly need the Internet to keep in touch with others. I always like surprise packages from someone who is thinking of me.