Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, February 10, 2012

Spring In The Garden

After a night of rain
I go out, wearing clogs

wrapped in an old overcoat
against the spring cold

water pours white
through the open dikes

peach blossoms glow red
beyond the willows

fields of new grass spread away
edged and checkered

poles rise from the well
at the wood's edge

I go back in
to write at my small desk

evening arrives, I'm alone
happy among the green weeds

~~Chinese Poet----Wang Wei  750 AD~~

This was enclosed in a letter sent to me by my son, from Thailand
dated 12/2002

I remember how I loved receiving it
and saved it.

Seems it was only yesterday.....

4 comments:

lil red hen said...

Very expressive ~ loved it!

Sky said...

oh, i love it, too! thanks for sharing it. :)

mermaid said...

I read the poems you post and often think to myself, "Ernestine could have written that!". Though you list the author's name, the words grow from your own heart like the beautiful wilderness that surrounds you.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte and Sky, thank you.
Kaveri, you warm my heart...