Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, March 14, 2011

Psalms 23

Overcome with joy, happiness,
and thankfulness

Times of fear and deep sadness

Looking for direction and peace

The night when sleep will not come

This prayer has been repeated
many thousands of times
in my lifetime

It has never failed


The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures
and leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul and leads me in the paths
of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil for thy rod and staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table for me in the presence of mine enemies,
thou anointest my head with oil, my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the day
of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

10 comments:

Tabor said...

I am so glad that this gives you peace. Spring is here and you will need to pace yourself and rest will be so important.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, we have never met in person and you seem to know me well.
I have worked very hard for several days and pleased it it raining today - will keep me off the lawn tractor and cleaning the woods :) very tired.

the wild magnolia said...

What would we do without words? The 23rd Psalm was one I memorized as a child.

Thank you for sharing!

Take care of you!

Sharon Lovejoy said...

I agree and find that it is a salve to my tired soul.

Yes, I collapse and curl up in bed in my fluffy robe and read, read, read. I don't do it often, but I do relish those times.

Sending warm wishes across the miles and thinking of the torn apart souls in Japan who need this psalm.

Love,

Sharon

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandra and Sharon, thank you for your kind words...

Laura said...

a favorite of mine as well...wishing you deep peace my friend.

Judy said...

Please take it easy. Spring is here, but the yard work does not have to be all done in one day.

I too memorized the 23rd Psalm as a child.

Beverly said...

Last night as I said my prayers, I thought of you saying yours. The only thing is my mind told me you had been asleep for hours!!!

Sharon said...

This prayer always brings me comfort.

May you feel peaceful and at ease ~

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Laura, Sharon,Judy and Beverly,
thanks for visiting.
Beverly you make me smile. What time do you go to bed :)