Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, January 25, 2010

Country Has City Sound



Last night she was outside about an hour before dark. A siren was heard and she had the thought someone sure has a loud security system.

Inside the phone was ringing, it was her youngest daughter telling her there were tornado warnings near her country home.

So that sound was a weather alert. She was not aware that there was any such system near her country home. She will make a phone call to check on this.

Within 30 minutes - every direction she looked - the sky was beautiful and unusual. She went inside quickly for her camera.

These images were taken from the back deck, front porch and in the side yard. Amazing how the sky looked so different in such a short time.

12 comments:

Marcie said...

All three pictures are beautiful! Did you end up with a big storm?

Sky said...

stunning skies! great photography, and to think you were calm enough to do this in an emergency. i would have been hiding in an inner room with no windows or in my bathroom if i'd heard a tornado was in the area! brave, brave girl you are. and glad you are safe and telling us about this after the fact.

Tabor said...

The worst weather can produce the loveliest skies. Such drama. Do you have a basement in the event of such warnings?

sally said...

Your sky photos are really strong-thank you for sharing. I love to watch the sky move.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Aisling, Sky, Tabor and Sally - thank you for your comments.
No storm came close to me, but in surrounding area. No basement for One Woman - but I will find a place if necessary.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I love that second picture especially! The trees look golden.

We didn't really end up with any bad weather at all, thankfully!

kenju said...

Did you have any severe weather? We had a horrendous amount of rain last night.

Balisha said...

Beautiful pictures. The change is so real...I've seen it myself. You can hardly leave and get your camera for fear you will miss something.
Balisha

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful. It has done a little of everything here today. Rain, sun, sleet, snow and wind, and blizzard conditions. That's Kentucky weather for you. My computer has been messed up. Finally, I figured out what was wrong!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Kenju, Balisha and Judy - thanks for visiting. It did not storm close to me. But I could see it coming~~~ Also, makes me smile - the medium size town is 8 miles away - that is where the siren was coming from. What a surprise that I could hear it.
Jamie - thank you!!

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Lovely photos. I am glad you heard the sirens and glad you could capture this beauty. Don't you just love silhouetted trees against fading sky? Sigh.....

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jan - thank you for commenting. I know what a busy schedule you have.
I love taking pictures and then running inside to download to see what I have captured!!