Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Returning Home


A lot has happened over the last 8 months. Still not exactly like I visualize with all my gardens but it is getting there. To repeat what so many comment to me "what is your hurry".
Guess it is where I am on my journey through this life. Do not know how long the energy I am experiencing will continue and I am well aware I am in the last chapters of this life.
This is not what I started out to build but my plans always have a way of just evolving. Guess a work in progress and each day brings another idea.
With the size of my family this home is more appropriate. Guess my dream of that 2 room cabin with a tin roof - with a path leading to it - was not the best idea for this lady.
Might add that my sign is not finished. But then maybe it is - I am not looking for any painting sign jobs on the side. I wanted it primitive and primitive it is.
Anyway here are a few new pictures.

One Woman sharing on an early Sunday morning. She better get busy and continue cooking for family lunch.

4 comments:

Tabor said...

You have accomplished such a tremendous amount in such a short time! I know younger people who have lived in their houses over a year and still haven't started on landscaping. Keeping up with you must be a challenge.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, thank you for your continual support. You are good for me. I spend so much time alone I wish you lived nearby, but then I guess I am basically a loner. All I know is that I am thankful for this home and when the city homes sells that will take the edge off of the occasional anxiety!!! I have to be organized and do not clutter. Do not mind in other peoples homes but not mine.

Darlene said...

Your new home looks larger than I had pictured it. It is really a lovely home and I am sure it will be the gathering place for your entire family at holiday time. Over the river and through the woods, to grandmother's house we go.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene thanks for checking in.
I think the home looks larger since it is a side view.
Just one big room with kitchen at end and bedroom, bath and utility room. Then the upstairs loft, large bedroom and bath for visitors. I have never had a deck before and really like it. Also the screen porch is great.