Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Guess They Are Growing Accustomed to One Woman

Sitting on my front porch as the sun was going down I spotted this mother deer and her little one coming out of the woods. They kept looking at me as they continued to inch forward towards the soybean field. This little one was so tiny it could not be very old.

Anyway, I find it thrilling as the wildlife becomes accustomed to me. Will not be so thrilling if they get into my turnip green patch.

The greens are 2 to 3 inches high and One Woman can eat them daily.

Sunset at Woodhaven on a Tuesday evening.

Click on picture to enlarge to get a good look at this baby.

5 comments:

Beverly said...

wow, he is a young one....

Mim said...

Pure country sweetness!

Tabor said...

Leaving for my daughter's today, but up early to finish the last of stuff. The fawn is lovely and yes, it is only a matter of time before you will need to put in a high fence.

MsGraysea said...

It must be moments like that, which make you so sure that building Wood haven was just right for you!
Beautiful.
Happy day to you!
Marcia

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beverly, Mim, Marcia - yes I love it and "yes" Tabor I can see them in my yard looking in the window and eating my vegatables. Maybe it will not happen lol. Enjoy your time away from your awesome retreat.