Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Thrift Store Shopping

Thrift store shopping once a month, driver and I take off.
Good just to get out and picked up lunch to bring home, will last for 2 days.
Weather horrible at close to 100 degrees, ready for some Fall weather.

Pricey cashmere sweater, do not have this color & $10, it is light blue, small china dish
for bathroom soap, blue silk scarf and
small china pumpkin

A good day
writing soon about CBD oil
mine really works, need a small dose
use fewer drops.

Unusual pumpkin on header gift from a friend who brings me eggs, her son raises so many
unusual pumpkins, Lana, thank you.

9 comments:

MsGraysea said...

I really love your thrifting finds! I go often, too. Recently I have begun buying clothes made from beautiful old fabrics, and I am repurposing them into tops and skirts. There are no longer any fine fabrics available except in used clothing.

Looking forward to hearing about your trial with CBD oil.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

thank you MsGraysea, wish I could sew, my mother could do what you do :)

kerrdelune said...

Ernestine, I LOVE your thrift shop finds!

Tabor said...

you have a very good eye for decorations. I wish I was that skilled. I have not been to a thrift shop in a while, but now you make me realize there are treasures there.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Kate and Tabor, this is not an ordinary Thrift Shop, small and used by a church in the most upscale neighborhood, really nice items, and money goes to help needy, I have donated
a lot to that shop.

Suemn said...

Ah, that explains your good thrift shop finds. I was just thinking that maybe I wasn't looking hard enough in the thrift shops. ha! I am looking forward to your posting on the CBD oil too as my dad has very bad rheumatoid arthritis and the last CBD oil we had him try didn't work in helping with the pain.

Pienosole said...

Happy to read that the CBD oil is giving your relief. 😊 It would be fun to shop at thrift store like that, and I like your lovely purchases. ✨

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pienosole and Sue - :)

Rebecca said...

So many angles with CBD oil! I'm eager to hear yours. Sweet "finds".☺️ Sounds like a near-perfect outi g!