Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

A Story

SUCCULENT PLANT FR0M 2 OLDEST GRANDCHILDREN - HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA


There was one who was born in her grandmother's bed, delivered by a local doctor to an 18-year-old young woman.   The baby born, a girl weighing 5 lbs.

At that time the mother cared for her daughter and the baby and did not let her get out of bed
for several weeks.

In a short time, the mother of the baby came down with Scarlet Fever and the baby girl
double pneumonia.   All was not well with a sick mother and sick baby

Time continued, the mother and her young husband, who she had met in the park and married 3 weeks later,  struggled as it was the end of the depression
and jobs were scarce,

The baby continued to grow and was a frail little one

Enough shared
as the story goes on and on.

That little baby was me

born 85 years ago and quite a life I have lived.    Never really like anyone else in my family
and can remember my mother commenting many times that I was so different and really
quite smart and if I had not been born in my grandmother's bed she would think they had given
her the wrong child in the hospital.

So this one on an early October morning is doing something she said she would not do,
she is writing and sharing some experiences, joys, sadness, and achievements.

They are typed and sent out into the world and she wonders why does she love to write.

A beautiful day in-store, the sun will shine, I will eat, have tea, pray, look at my flowers
and once again thank my Maker for so very much.

Much I am experiencing at this time, I do not like and with this many years of experiencing
this is the way it should be.   Just do not like the ending time happening.

Just seems time has gone by so quick and probably will not last much longer

Thank you to all who read my rambling and help me on my way

One Woman with wonderful children, grandchildren, and great-grandchild, one who has
experienced in her lifetime Joys that overflow and also much sadness,

Wonder how could this one
be given so many blessings

My daughter nurse just wrote to me and said

"This is the story of a Survivor"

and I say how true.      thank you my Beth

11 comments:

Pienosole said...

YHAPPY BIRTHDAY!🎂 May your day be joyful! ☀️✨💖

Carolyn Marie said...

Happy birthday Ernestine!

Judi said...

Happy Birthday. Blessings to you and your family.

Starzz said...

Happy Birthday, Ernestine..May you find comfort in knowing you are loved and admired.
Cheers,
Carol

Suemn said...

What a story, what a life! Happy Birthday to you Ernestine!

Rebecca said...

Happy birthday, Wonderful Woman!🎂 God makes no mistakes and has prepared the way to and offered life with Him forever to all who believe and receive His Gift.

Wisewebwoman said...

Happy birthday dear one and please do continue to share your life story. Your mother was a child herself. Oh my.

You are strong and creative and vibrant.

You are a star.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

to all who sent these comments
thank you. One Woman

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday, dear Ernestine. You have me beat by a year. Have a lovely day.

Judy said...

Happy Birthday. All the really nice people I know, were born in October.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

thank you, Judy
and Sheila, I thought I had the most miles :)