Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Sunday Morning

Oh my
it felt like Winter last night cold and in the '30s
but warming up to '60s

On Instagram an image of that young granddaughter who is expecting my second great-grandson in a month
and she is bowling :) and this one can no longer pick up a gallon of milk.

a memory picture visiting her grandma (me)

Now my last few days, blood pressure up and down, dangerously, no sleep last night and thoughts of the emergency room.  Will write about it but no sharing with my busy children who live to far away to
hug me, pat the hand of this childish one.

The thoughts go on and on along with prayers and searching for wisdom.   So here I am again
sharing what I tell myself to not do.  Do I stop writing, but it is in my blood, need to stop grieving over what is not going to happen, need to accept and difficult to do and so life just continues in a way
I cannot change, it is ending and only my creator knows when.

Sun is shining, everything leveled off, helper girl helped me prepare Salmon Croquess, turnip greens and twice-baked potatoes last night, could not eat then but no helpers today and do have something to eat that I like for two days.

After seeing Jessica's post
I had to share and for others's better to just share with my writing then a phone call.

Enjoy this day and hope the sun is shining in your area like it is mine.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, Ernestine!
I'm so glad you continue to write.
Your honesty in expressing (at least some of) your feelings, fears, and realities give me a chance to pray for you more specifically. It also lets us know we are not alone in some of our feelings, fears, and realities.
I pray for
peace to replace panic,
relief for pain,
hope for the future,
and assurance of eternal life through Jesus Christ, Lover of your soul. ♥

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Rebecca, thank you
like I have shared before
writing is like medicine to me :)
so cold last night, but it is time for it.
God Bless you
E

Wisewebwoman said...

Thank you for sharing both your fears and your joys E. I am not a pray-er, not a believer, but I think of you with love and hope.

Your writing is important. As we all begin to fail in various ways. The circle of life. We are up against our own mortality and live on in those that follow us.

I believe it adds stress to us when we do not share our truth and authenticity. Nobody wants a "saint" preaching from some high mountain. We are human and fallible.

Much love to you today :)

XO
WWW

Carolyn Marie said...

I hope that you will continue to write. I enjoy reading your thoughts and you never fail to inspire and share a little wisdom. Your honesty is refreshing. We must support each other with kind and enccouraging words.

KBriggs said...

Prayers are with you. I hope you continue to write. You have contributed to this world in such a powerful way.

Bluebird49 said...

Keep writing and sharing--you inspire me to perhaps blog again.
Sending a virtual hug and warm pat on the hand from Tidewater, Virginia!