Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, October 6, 2019

New Blooms

A friend shared this Iris with me, it blooms twice a year and what a pleasure it is now blooming
in October when most plants are ending or have ended.

I count 4 blooms and 8 buds.  Also, 2 other colors budding and look forward to their blooms.

It looks like wonderful rain today on my very dry land surrounding this cottage.

Once it is daylight I hope to see it, may go stand in it :)

Not looking forward to the time change as days short and night long and dark


Happy Sunday to all visiting.

My youngest daughter and 2 granddaughters on a long weekend treat for them, a trip to New York.

Safe and enjoyable travel wishes for my 3 girls from grandma.



4 comments:

Pienosole said...

Precious flowers at this time of year. I’m thinking of buying one or two houseplants today to bring more of nature inside. Happy Sunday! ✨☀️🍁

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pienosole, please do, they are good for you. If I lived near would share one with you :)

MsGraysea said...

These iris are spectacular, Ernestine. I had never heard of iris blooming more than one time in a year. Must be your seasonal temps. The color is so lovely, too. I love the scent of iris. Very subtle but so lovely. Enjoy.
Yes the longer times are darkness are coming. I am bracing myself, as this year I have so much grief in my life. Making my sitting room more comfy and cozy and lining up some great books.

Will also begin going to the gym again in early evening.....helps me to rest and stay strong.

Happy Sunday. It is beautiful here on Cape Cod today!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

order all colors on Amazon