Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Books

What is your passion, have had many and in the past, a well-known individual told me I had an
eclectic personality,

Books are piled by my chair, on tables and many in bookcases.  Need to be sorted and arranged
differently, but I like them like this,

Some read, over and over
others I am reading, always more than a book at a time.
Many waiting to be read.

I underline and have bookmarks in many
In the past, my gardening, flowers, remodeling homes were on my list
now those are part of my past

Oh the temperature in the '50s this morning, how delightful.

Life continues at a slower pace
but all is good.

8 comments:

Pienosole said...

Wishing you a pleasant and peaceful day! 💖

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I keep my books around me in a similar way. For a while, in the 1990's, I used to underline passages in my books, but soon stopped because it distracted me from noticing other passages in the books that were more applicable to my life when I read them again at a later time. Now I use tiny little Post Its at the edge near where the passage I like is. That way I find I am more likely to re-read the whole page the next time I read the book. I rarely donate any of my books, so I have possibly accumulated too many.

Your home looks so cozy to me.

Rebecca said...

I am the same way with books!

Carolyn Marie said...

May Sarton's journals are the books I return to often. I find great strength and comfort in her words.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pienosole, thank you, Susie and Rebecca,
Carolyn Marie, have read her books many times.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Rebecca, you must be an Angel,
Take care and thank you for your continual encouraging notes.
If you have just begun in your 70's and your 93-year-old father still going, then
I may have more time then I truly want, so better take care of this 84-year-old self ")

Sharon said...

I always have more than one book going at a time, too. I like having a choice of what to read, usually before bed. I go through my bookshelves every now and then to see what I might clean out. More often than not I find a few to give away and even more I want to read again;)

Nan said...

I feel such love for my books. They make me happy as I walk around the house - books in every room. They are like outdoor flowers and indoor plants - necessary for my well-being! I love the ones I've read, the ones I'm reading, the ones I have to look forward to. Yours are good company for you!