Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, December 31, 2018

2019

2018
Was not the best of the years in my life
I continued to share a lot and maybe some I should not have
seems computer and writing is a habit.

Tonight I turn the computer on
and thankful for so many that send words of encouragement.

Year ended with the last shot in my knee, the most painful one and fluid just returns, guess that is what it does.   Might not seek this route again.

This one will continue doing all she can to help the issues arising  until I grow weary of doing so
but vow not to leave my much-loved cottage.

Will post less, unless I see something with the camera I cannot resist.

Weary of sharing aging issues
all apart of life continuing when you are ancient.
Very fortunate that most did not surface until in my 70,s

My family will be pleased to hear this
but when they are my age, some of my words will surface

Thank you again
all who warm me with their words.

Wish I could hug you.

At the moment
I want a clear and quiet mind and an open heart.
Sounds easier than done.

No downscaling so much has been done for several years.   I what is left and the memories that arise.

SO HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EACH OF YOU
FOLLOW YOUR HEART IN ALL MATTERS.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YEARS OF FRIENDSHIP
MANY OF YOU HAVE BROUGHT
AND NEW ONES SEEM TO CONTINUE TO  FIND ME.




13 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

You inspire me dear Ernestine. I would want to stay in my home also. Yours is your haven.

Love, hugs & prayers for you in 2019 ~ FlowerLady

Rebecca said...

Have it your way as long g as possible. Wisdom will carry you the rest of the way. 🎶 Jesus loves you, this I know! 🎶

Wisewebwoman said...

You do make lemonade out of those lemons, Ernestine.

May 2019 be painfree for you m'dear. Onward and in your own home as long as you can.

XO
WWW

Carolyn Marie said...

May your journey in this new year be peaceful, content, full of love, and free of pain.

Tabor said...

We all must muster as much grace as we can to make it through our final years and you are the shining lamp lighting my way.

MsGraysea said...

May the year ahead unfold exactly as you would like it to be, and if not, may you continue to greet each day with grace.
You are an inspiration to many, and have offered hope so often with your beautiful way with words.

Love to you Ernestine.

Marcia

PatK said...

I wish you a year of comfort and growing strength. You are a constant inspiration to me as I feel the effects of aging even though I still feel 27 inside.

Sallysmom said...

Happy New Year to you as well.

Mel Reardon said...

Sending warmth to you, dear one.

Joared said...

Happy New Year wishes for your increased comfort, decreased pain. Hope you continue to find pleasure in these coming days. Will appreciate reading your words whenever you choose to share your thoughts here. Hard to get outside oneself when experiencing pain. Am reminded often of my mother and understand now some of what she experienced. I thought and I was very solicitous but realize as much as I understood about her feelings and experience, I now know in quite a different way that comes only when we actually live rhe experience. So, one day, I expect long after I’m gone my children will say, as I do about my mother, “Oh now I understand what Mom meant when she described what she was experiencing.” I could have done this or that differently if I had known then what I know now. Hugs to you!

kathynovapeanut said...

Happy New Year.

I've followed your blog posts for years from my office - it gives me a true sense of peace and love. I hope you have a lovely day.

Sending love from Edinburgh, Scotland.

Pienosole said...

Thinking of you and sending a big hug 🤗 . Sweet dreams and happy new moon!

Sharon said...

Happy New Year, Ernestine. Just checking in to see how you're doing. I'm glad you are still writing, I think that's therapeutic. If people don't want to know, they can skip those parts. Those of us that visit here are glad you are willing to share~