Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, May 5, 2014

Very Warm And A Lot To Do At Woodhaven

The day continues and almost over.  Temperature on the deck as we ate our lunch was 90 degrees on this May 5th.
Since we had a bad Winter the thought comes to mind is it going to be unusually hot this Summer?

I mentioned that my granddaughter Sarah who is a chef in upscale restaurants
made the comment on her visit as we gathered herbs for lunch
"grandma, we use the Chive blossoms on top of salads."
So I asked "would like them on your salad and no was the answer."

Pulling out the drive and headed for the airport.
He will be missed immensely.   Thailand is so far away.
Prayers and safe travel wishes my constant thought.
Planted the Cosmos that were delivered yesterday and hope they like their new home.

Noticed 2 more new blooms.

Busy rest of the week with concrete work, doctor appointment and tackling stacks of
papers that have accumulated on personal desk, computer desk and by my telephone.

So much work to be done in home, garden, grass needs cutting, wedding soon and school out in weeks and will be
spending time with my two youngest granddaughters.

A lot of left overs on hand so tomorrow and the next day will not have to be concerned with
"what do I eat."

Plan on computer time to be much less for a while and will see what happens.
It seems when I have thoughts I start typing and family is always aware of
what is on my mind....

9 comments:

Kay said...

These are such gorgeous flowers! I can truly relate to your feelings. Thailand is so very far away, but it's a beautiful country. We really enjoyed being there last month.

I was so very sad to leave my son in Bangladesh, but I'm glad we got to visit. Perhaps you might want to visit him too.

Judy said...

Tears got in my eyes when I saw the photo of that car driving away. I just don't see why family needs or wants to be scattered all over the place. After 40 years I have all my nearest family home, but now grandchildren going west. I miss the times we were all within a few miles of each other.

Balisha said...

It sounds like a lot is going to be happening at Woodhaven. I hope you feel safer with the concrete...much better than stepping stones at our age.
We have children to care for and then cut the strings and let them go. I have a hard time, when my daughter leaves, but with the ways of communication being so available....it isn't as bad anymore. I love to see what my children are becoming.
Write some things to remember in your journal... about his visit, so you have something to read and enjoy again. He's only a phone call away.
Special hugs...Balisha

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Beautiful blooms and wonderful memories tucked into your heart. It is always sad when loved ones drive off into the distance.

Love and hugs and peace to you as you have a busy week ~ FlowerLady

Hill Top Post said...

It is so heartbreaking to watch the kiddos drive away, so I turn my head and busy myself with this and that. I am sure your son drove away with many beautiful memories of his stay at Woodhaven.

Tabor said...

I miss my children when I do not see them as often as I would like. I wonder how my parent felt when we lived overseas for two years at a time? Your garden is so restorative! It sounds like it is getting hot down your way. We still have spring, but the humidity is climbing.

kerrdelune said...

So much warmer in your part of the world than it is in mine. Your garden is beautiful, and oh, those flowers...!

lil red hen said...

I also felt a twinge of sadness when I saw the picture of the car driving away. I've gone through that many times,although mine were only going a mile or two. lol

Wish I could visit and see all your pretty flowers.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Kay, Judy, Balisha, Lorraine, Tabor, Mary, Cate and Charlotte
thank you for your special words.