Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, November 18, 2011

Woodhaven

Home!
My very heart's desire is safe
within thy walls.
The voices of my loved ones, friends who come.
My treasured books that rest in niche serene,
All make more dear to me thy haven sweet,
Nor do my feet
desire to wander out except that
they may have the glad return at eventide.
Dear Home

Home! my very heart's contentment lies within thy walls.
Nor worldly calls hath power to turn my eye
in longing from
thy quietness.  Each morn
when I go forth upon the duties of
the day I wend my way
content to know that eve will bring me
safely to thy walls again.
Dear Home

Nellie Womack

Nan thank you for sharing this poem with me.  
Over and over I read the words.
It is truly me....
http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Wow, this was truly lovely. There is no place like home and I always feel happy to pull into our driveway off the busy road out front, safe at home once again.

Have a wonderful weekend ~ FlowerLady

lil red hen said...

This is just how I feel about home. When I have to go somewhere, I always comfort myself with the fact that when the trip is over I'll be coming home.

shannon said...

Isn't it funny that we all love just coming to our homes, for the safety and peace:)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

FlowerLady, lilredhen and Shannon,
thanks for visiting and have a great day...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem. I find that I feel so comfortable in my home, that I hate to leave for even a little while.

Sky said...

hope you are feeling ok this weekend and are enjoying a rest.

Sharon said...

When I first started reading this poem, I thought the words were yours, Ernestine. They resonate with what I know about how you feel about your home at the edge of the woods.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem. I think some of us human beings relate more strongly to our homes and the grounds we walk and live and work on. I know I do. I become more and more a "home" body.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

g/d, sharon, sky, thank you for visiting this rainy morning.
Ellen, our list of being similar
is growing :)
sharon, wish I had written it.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Grandelights - if you will send me an email - I will forward something on about posting comments ...

Anonymous said...

grandelights@yahoo.com
and thanks ahead of time. I can use all the help I can get.

MsGraysea said...

A beautiful poem and one which speaks of my heart. I love coming home and being in my space. getting under the covers in my beloved room is the best part, and waking to see the sun coming over a my little corner view of the ocean. This morning at 5:30 a waning sliver of moon was hung in a deep navy blue sky and lit by the very beginning of dawn.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!