Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Psalm 103

The trees surrounding my cottage will soon be bare.   At the moment everywhere I look the ground
is covered with leaves.  The drive, stepping stones to the cottage,  flower beds and little vegetable plot  are all covered and protected from the coming winter.
Some leaves will be blown into the woods, some raked and many left on the garden as wonderful mulch.
Everything is beginning to rest.
The same thing is happening for One Woman.
Rest from the ongoing gardening and outside work.
Rest from much that needs to be done inside.
Rest from sharing on her journal as often.
Rest from downloading images - until soninlaw solves this problem.
I could not experience the joy of writing and my camera without this
special soninlaw and  people who help me with problems...
Today will try and go at a slower pace.
Anyone that knows me is aware how difficult this is for me.
Trip to the big city doctor today.
Need to check out some new issues that have developed since last week.
All that communicate with me
know in your heart that you are special to me
and many times "the wings beneath my feet"

As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower
of the field: the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its
place remembers it no more   But from everlasting to everlasting
the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his
righteousness with their children's children - with those who
keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.
Psalm 103  15-18

9 comments:

Judy said...

Time to rest. I have many winter projects planned--cleaning out all closets and throwing out anything that is not absolutely necessary to my life. Then, if I live through winter, the same feat on my storage shed in back and rented storage unit down the road. Got to get all of storage unit into storage shed so I don't have to pay anymore. Most of storage unit is Fred's stuff. I feel a great urge to get this done--he has so much "stuff" and hasn't used any of it in 6 years so it is time to rid ourselves of it. Hope you find answers at the doctor's.

Elsa Louise said...

I have had you on my mind and hoped you were well. I too send my best wishes for good news from the medical front.

We are here waiting patiently whenever you want to post. Your dispatches from Woodhaven are always a welcome treat.

The biblical verse makes me feel wistful.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, thank you for visiting.
Elsie, as always - thank you for your special thoughts and your help to me in the past.

Anonymous said...

This piece of Scripture always makes me sad. Maybe it reminds me of my Mother -- I don't know -- but it always catches my heart.

I must live further south than you -- the leaves are just beginning to fall but many trees are just coming into their peak fall color. I saw an elm with half of its yellow crown on and the other spilled like gold around its feet. I wish I'd stopped to get a photo of it -- though you and I both know that what we behold rarely transfers to the still image.

Rest does sound sweet -- I long to lose myself in some good books and good movies -- I've had such a difficult time reading anything this year -- though it's me rather than books, which have all been quality. I just can't focus. But maybe this will change with winter's arrival. I hope so.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you visit the doctor...

Sharon said...

We go through cycles, just as the seasons do. Rest is part of the rhythm of life.

May you be well, Ernestine ~

Sophie said...

I am a therapist who uses mindfulness practices, and also has a faith in God. I love to connect my theraputic practices to scripture. Great post. Rest is so important. As our pastor says, "If you find Sabbath, Sabbath will find you." So true

Sky said...

love imagining all the leaves at your place. we have so many conifers here, and i miss seeing the deciduous trees in fall, sparkling in bright colors and later showing the lines of their bare branches. we have a few in our gardens but not as many as we'd like. we're having a few conifers removed soon and will be adding a variety of deciduous trees.

Balisha said...

Hi Ernestine...Hoping for good answers at the doctor. I went for my annual physical yesterday...waiting for blood work results.
I can imagine how it looks at Woodhaven right now. Hopefully our winter will be kind.
Take care,
Balisha

Anonymous said...

Ernestine, I visited here last week, but for some reason I was unable to log in on my end (nothing to do with your site), so I was unable to leave a comment for you. I am thinking about you and hoping you are able to rest and move inward to the still waters that will help restore you. I have been touched by you in the short time we've exchanged comments with each other. I hold you in my heart.