Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Herb Oil

My neighbor
who lives in a home
I built 12 years ago
shares her New York Times
weekend paper with me

When I thought I would try
city life
she found this home for sale
on Internet
A retired professor
moved here from the East..

Looking for a less expensive lifestyle

In this paper I found

A recipe for
Herb Oil
caught my eye.
I have all of the ingredients
wonder what I could use it on?

1 bunch of fresh Thyme
1/2 bunch of Rosemary
1 bunch of Sage
5 cloves of Garlic, peeled
1 tbsp Kosher salt
2 1/2 cups of Virgin Olive Oil

all into a food processor
pulse to combine
add splash of olive oil
place mixture in jar and add rest of olive oil
Lasts about a week.

The Florida daughter and soninlaw
eat a lot of baked potatoes with
avocado, garlic and olive oil.

Wonder if they would like this?
But then they do not have mom's
herbs growing outside their door....

4 comments:

Sky said...

might be good for dipping hard crusted bread.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, this is what my daughter Beth told me. Need to buy my Tuscany bread on next trip to the big city.
Usually keep in freezer but am out of it..

Anonymous said...

Okay Ernestine,

Here's what I'd do with it -- use it to coat an entire roasting chicken before putting it into a pan and sitting it in the oven to become supper. Unless, of course, one was vegetarian....

Janell

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Janelle, I thought the same thing.
So far crusty bread and a chicken :)