Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Woodhaven

No name for my new woods cottage has seemed right to me. Several have gone through my mind and several names have been suggested - but I would have the thoughts that they just did not sound right.
While having my meditating and prayer time before falling asleep - Wood Haven - kept coming into my mind. So I got out of bed and am writing this entry. This name is a special gift and sign to me.
I looked up the word haven and it means a refuge, shelter and a place of safety. That is what Wood Haven will be.
My refuge and my shelter where I will be safe and close to nature.

An entry this Saturday Evening from One Woman

My son just emailed from Thailand - his thoughts - Wood Haven should be one word
like "Woodhaven" any suggestions from those who comment?

Woodhaven it is - Thank you Tabor and Jimmy.

13 comments:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Oh I just love the naming of a house! It is such an exciting thing. (Almost as exciting as naming a child.) We live at Wisteria Cottage now, having moved from Willow Cottage. I planted both the Willow and the Wisteria (the names came to me before the plants did). : D I think Wood Haven sounds delightful. A humming teakettle, a stack of wood beside the woodstove, something delicious simmering on the stove -- a place of rest and more. Your house has been duly named, as far as I can tell. enJOY!

Sky said...

how exciting for you to finally have a name for your retreat! this is a wonderful time in your life, seeing another dream become a reality. please keep us updated with photos along the way.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Debbie and Sky thank you so much for your welcome comments this early morning.

Tabor said...

Yes, one word makes it more your own...more original.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor thank you. Then
Woodhaven it is. You and my son agree.

Marcie said...

Ernestine,

Woodhaven seems perfect. Just what you are seeking... a haven in the woods.

hugs,
Aisling

Balisha said...

I love your new name...Woodhaven sounds so peaceful.I love following your adventure

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Aisling and Balisha, thanks for checking on me. Have a great day.

Darlene said...

Woodhaven will be a wonderful refuge for you, I know. The way you love the outdoors, gardening, and quiet it should fill the bill nicely.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene thank you. I feel as though this name is a gift to me.

Zabetha said...

Woodhaven is a wonderful name, and the word pictures you paint of its finished state are lovely. Good for you!

Judy said...

Woodhaven! I just love it, Ernestine. It was meant to be that is why it came to you. I get so excited for you on this adventure. We all are taking it with you through your writing. Love the picture of you and your granddaughter below, too.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Anne and Judy thank you for your input. Yes, that name is a gift to me.