Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Beginning

Can you picture this beginning with the large screen porch on the right side and deck across the back.
Continue visualizing home surrounded by aging picket fence. Picket fence covered with roses and other flowering vines and the small yard a cottage garden?
Can you visualize all of this with acres of woods behind the home. One Woman dreams of improving her camera skills taking images of birds and wildlife that she hopes will visit her.
The empty area in front in front of this home - part of the crop fields. Usually soybeans, corn and sometimes wheat planted in this field.
One Woman can visualize all of this - but then she has a vivid imagination.
Also at the moment she is flying high.

Posted after One Woman returned from the country - one hour ago. A long day!!!

12 comments:

Judy said...

I am so glad you got a picture to show us. I can totally picture everything. I just know you are going to be so happy here and I am so happy for you. I look forward to more pictures as work progresses on your cabin in the woods.

lilalia said...

Beginnings... heck, you look half way there. OK, that might be an exaggeration, but your project does look as if it is moving along just fine.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy and Lilalia thanks for visiting. I can picture all completed and I know some people cannot do this. I smile at your comments. Have a great day. I am up in the middle of night and thought "heck" I will check computer.

Zabetha said...

Looking good!!!

Tabor said...

You do move fast once you set your mind to something. You will be crazy as spring sets in and you are putting pressure on the contractor to finish. It looks great and I am enjoying the process through photos.

Balisha said...

Looks like things are humming at your place in the woods. I would want to be there everyday too.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Anne, Tabor and Balisha, thanks for the comments. Yes, Tabor you are right. When I decide to do something I always plunge right in.
Some people cannot make up their mind about things and drag on and on and on. I have never been like that.

Darlene said...

Wow! I can hardly wait for moving day. It is looking good.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene now for this city cottage to sell. Going to be interesting to see how long.
It is showroom perfect from top to bottom and soon the yard will be full of flowers.
I want to move on. Thanks for commenting. Take care of yourself.

Nan said...

I can absolutely see it all -I love it! And I am so proud of you!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Nan thank you. Beautiful in Tennessee this day and I have been in the country all day. Just arrived home in the city. Oh I will be happy when all of this is over.

Beverly said...

i like it....it is moving along.
Happy Birthday to your blog...