Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday Muse

At lunch time prepare a meal for yourself. Cook the meal and wash the dishes in mindfulness. In the morning after you have cleaned and straightened up your house, after you have worked in the garden or watched clouds or gathered flowers, prepare a pot of tea to sit and drink in mindfulness. Allow yourself a good length of time to do this. Drink your tea slowly and reverently as if it were the axis on which the earth revolves - slowly, evenly, without rushing towards the future. Live the actual moment. FOR ONLY THIS ACTUAL MOMENT IS LIFE.
Thich Nhat Hanh

5 comments:

Judy said...

These days I try and do just what your post says. I like to stop and smell the roses! I find myself enjoying the little moments in life more and more.

Gail said...

He's my favorite wise man! A beautiful quote and a good way to live. Gail

Darlene said...

Sounds like a prescription for a calm and serene life.

Nan said...

Wonderful, wonderful words. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I've been reading through yours this morning, and am so taken with your thoughts.

Tabor said...

This is the hardest lesson for me to learn...living in the moment. Even while doing my morning yoga tape, my mind slips away to the next move sometimes before I am in the moment. I have that bad habit of "rushing to the future!"