Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thankful

There are so many things I would like to write about on this early Thursday morning. But I do not have time. I wanted to write about yesterday. Amelia spent the day with me. I am going to keep her every Wednesday. I want some one on one time with my youngest granddaughter. I enjoyed her so much. Took her to have her first hair cut. Had about 2 inches cut off the bottom and trimmed her bangs. I have always cut her bangs and they had begun to look - not too good. Almost like grandma had cut them with pinking shears. I wanted to write about as her dad put her in her carseat yesterday and we pulled off, she exclaimed "I love my daddy grandma".
I wanted to write about my oldest grandchildren getting ready for college over the next week. I will be seeing them and it seems like yesterday they were the age of my youngest. I want to post some pictures of them. But at the moment do not have time. I wanted to write about weekend plans changing because my oldest daughter in Massachusetts is having a back problem and will not be flying in to stay with me.
I wanted to write about my middle daughter Beth. She is the only child that could make me laugh to the point of tears. She has a career in the medical profession. She is having some challenges at this time. Life is full of them. I look often at a small stone plaque that has engraved on it "Miracles happen only to those who believe in them" French Proverb. This lady believes in miracles, so many have happened in my life and I am expecting more.
I wanted to write about my garden. Success and failures this first Spring. Also about the seeds I am collecting and flowers I am separating and moving but I do not have time.
I wanted to write about my planned trip to Farmers Market this Saturday. I want some special fall plants that should be arriving soon.
I want to start posting some special recipes.
I want to post some special stories about my grandparents. Who knows a grandchildren might find some of this interesting. I want to post about how much pleasure I am taking from my Online Journal and about some of the special people I have met.
I wanted to post about my son and his soon return from Thailand. I will be so pleased when I see him going and coming from his cottage across the way. I miss his visits and sometimes eating with me in the evening.
I wanted to post about my busy day. But do not have time.
So much I have to say and do not have time.
Time to tidy home, yoga, breakfast and run errands.
But I do have time to feel in my heart a deep Thankfulness for my family and my life.

Every tree and plant in the meadow
seemed to be dancing
those which average eyes would see
as fixed and still
Rumi

8 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Ernestine, Isn't it funny how we used to think when we were working that we were always pressed for time and now that we are retired we are still pressed for time! I feel just like you do.

Tabor said...

Bloggers go through this evolution about wanting to write about all the interesting and important things happening each day...to keep them recorded for posterity...but find the days go so fast and we are so busy doing these things that we cannot write about it all.

Liza on Maui said...

yes, there are so many things to write about. I wonder how we survived our pre-blogging days - ha! ha!

I told you we think alike :)

Love yah!

MsGraysea said...

So much to do, so little time, yet you have captured your day perfectly and beautifully. You inspired me to write about the beautiful dancing tree I see everyday when I arrive at my office.
Thank you! Sure hope your MA daughter will feel better quickly. Back pain is not fun!

Darlene said...

You accomplished quite a bit of writing in your crowded day. Keep busy and enjoy the ability to be so.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gone said...

Oh how I love your blog. I am not sure how I ended up here. Your about me caught my attention. I am on a journey to simplify my life. Your words are very touching.

Nan said...

Boy, was that nice to read. I loved it. Very moving, very wonderful.