Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Today

New Bloom

I know that I am posting a lot lately
but carrying the small camera in my pocket, noticing something new
and taking an image
is like medicine to this One Woman.   I believe my children think I am fine when I post on this journal
and Instagram - but - like I said "it is like medicine" to me, calms me and blesses my soul.

So, What Helps you.....

a new color
Pink Cone Flowers
also, have white that look like bugs eating the bloom

This Spring and Summer is strange, many flowers not blooming, like my Clematis on the screen porch
, no buds all leaves, also a lot of rain.

7 comments:

lil red hen said...

I love it when I see a post from you! To me it means you're feeling better and that's what we all want. Coneflowers are some of my favorites; I have many, even an orange one. My camera isn't loading pictures onto the computer and although I'm thinking of returning to blogging, I must have pictures! ;)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, I love Instagram
now post images there.
Like that you only say a few words.
Try it
you will like it.

Starzz said...

I too enjoy reading your posts. You are to be admired for all you do. Such strength you have. Your love of your home and garden. I have just joined Instagram at my sister's urging as a lot of the younger ones in the family post there. Cheers to you Ernestine. Your photos are lovely.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

thank you to everyone
and Starzz
you are new to me
enjoy Instagram.

Starzz said...

Dear Ernestine,
I have been following your blog for a long time. I read several blogs..but I somehow am reluctant to reply to a post. But today I just had to say hello, and let you know I do so love to read your blog. I will be 75 next month, widow, don't blog at all but enjoy reading about how others are coping with aging. I myself am not handling it very well.

Cheers,
Carol (in Ontario Canada)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Carol, coping you either do it or you do not. I try, my grown children probably think
I am not coping well and at the moment this super sensitive one does not care what they think, use to hurt my feelings but not anymore. I am true to myself, I have to cope or
guess it is over.
I will do all I know to do, divorced at 42, 4 super-intelligent children, 5 grandchildren
who will top all of us, I am blessed, just wish I did not have severe arthritis,
but hey - it did not start until middle 70's so lucky me.

Starzz said...

Thank you Ernestine. You are an inspiration.