Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Thoughts

Mozart is playing, tape almost 20 years old, so relaxing is the music.

Frequently the thought arises of not posting online anymore but then I dismiss it because I enjoy writing, sharing and posting pictures.  Love Instagram and not Facebook.

Guess I will continue sharing and my Instagram.

Miss my Callie so very much, it has been 16 months since I saw her.   A short stay in a rehabilitation
and my Jamie took her when I returned I did not like this but she was correct that I could not trip
over my girl,  Seems one thing after another for almost 2 years and now getting over heart attack which was 3 months ago
and rehabilitation, like Heaven to be home, doing well, using cane and walker, moving slow and
Hallelujah,
I have gained 5 lbs.

Problem is blood pressure fluctuating, medication has been increased but seems first thing every
morning it is still alarmingly high so now taking something at night in case there are thoughts
arising that I am not aware of

So everyone brags on me, how good I am doing, how good I look, that is fine
but difficult accepting the change in my life, but it is happening

So fortunate much did not happen until 80 years old and onward
so how blessed can I be?

I am the most unlikely person for a heart attack, always did everything correct, diet, exercise
so where did a heart attack come from and need to just forget and focus on life as it is and
ACCEPTING.

And to have a son come to be with you making a long trip from Thailand for one month
how lucky can a mama be?

So enough of this sharing.

I love all creatures But do not like the many squirrels I see at daybreak hanging and eating from
my birdfeeders
this morning here is one on the porch in my flower pot



7 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I have blood pressure issues as well. Along with my meds I try to use some blood pressure friendly natural products--Turmeric, Tart Cherry juice, and of all things, grapes. Like you, I didn't see myself where I am now when I was in my 20's. Chronic pain was the furthest thing from my mind. I just turned 72 in March and have been working on practicing mindfulness myself.

Wisewebwoman said...

Yes my BP still an issue too Ernestine. The price of aging and at this point I pay it gladly too many loved ones have disappeared into the Unknown leaving me behind. I miss certain things but like you concentrate on what I do have in my life that I am so grateful for.

So lovely you are still in your home.

XO
WWW

Suemn said...

Hi Ernestine, I have 2 dogs of my own and had to take my parent's 2 little senior Yorkies 2 years ago as they could no longer care for them. I take one of their little dogs to see them every week when I visit them. The other little dog prefers to stay home with my other 2 dogs as the drive is 2.5 hours one way. I have loved all the dogs I've had through the years and know how much you must miss Callie. The one good thing is that you know Callie is loved and is in good hands.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sue, you are an angel, my daughter works, lives an hour away and oh how I miss my Callie
Also with health problems, my Jamie is probably afraid I would be really upset seeing her.
and I just do not know, soon a driver I use will take me to see my little girl.

PatK said...

Yes the squirrels are pesky not least when they are trying to bury nuts in our flower pots and disrupting everything. But I look at them too and know they are doing what they need to do to survive. The other day I was looking at the Canada Geese with their almost fledged young and forgave them for so often being messy and mean as I take my daily walks.

Acceptance of the good and the beautiful helps push away stressful thoughts. It's a daily struggle but then its what you do in the moment that counts .. I tell myself...

Enjoy your lovel home surrounded by nature at its best.

lil red hen said...

I do hope you get to visit Callie; wonder if she will know you.
Sometimes I have four squirrels at a time in the yard eating maple seeds. More power to them since there are maples everywhere in the flower beds.
Congratulations on the weight gain! I'd gladly give you five more. ;)

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I hope you get to see your Callie soon. I feel sure that your Callie will remember you and be totally excited to see you. Did Callie used to try to trip you in some way in the past? I'm just trying to understand why there is so much worry about her tripping you. Our Pomeranian is completely deaf now and likes to lay in the way of the bathroom door. I'm having to use a cane again now because my knee is very, very painful at this time as I await total knee replacement surgery for this knee in July. Now when Fuzzy lays across the bathroom door entrance and he doesn't hear me coming to know to move, I only have to touch him with my cane and he gets up and moves.

Maybe your daughter could take some updated pictures of Callie and email them to you sometimes.