Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, June 22, 2012

This Nest Is Full

I keep wanting to take this nest down and clean this area by the gutter
over my garage but I still see birds flying around it.
A few moments ago
I went outside and heard all of this bird activity
looked and what did I see?
So many birds in this nest.
I counted 5 - that were looking at me.
They must not want to leave
the nest that is beginning to fall apart and
they sure look like they could make it on their own.
I know two families have been raised in this nest.
I may have to evict them so they do not stay permanently.

Guess they do not want to leave home
like the mistress of this cottage....

8 comments:

Tabor said...

LOL! They love your place. They should be gone by weeks end and if not I would remove the nest and tell them to get a job and a life!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, I was hoping you would reply. The nest is coming down this weekend. It is funny to see all of these big birds hanging out of the nest :)

Balisha said...

What a cute picture. It seems that not only human kids have trouble leaving the nest now days :)
Balisha

lil red hen said...

I have some swallows which take over another bird's nest under the back porch. They are so nasty, leaving droppings and white spots all around the porch wall, and have been known to leave mites as well. I'd love to put screen wiring around the porch to take care of the problem. I've been known to get after them with the broom! lol

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

balisha and lrh - this weekend will knock down the nest.
they are making a mess. It is time for them to leave - they are as big as the mother :)

Lynn said...

Your cottage in the woods is utopia. No wonder even the birds don’t want to leave.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lynn, thank you :)

Judy said...

I guess you just have to wait for awhile. They probably can't find as nice a place as the one you have.