Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Can You Imagine

Corn must be 9 feet high
and tasseling.  Sun is shining and sky is a brilliant blue.  Is the first two weeks of June
always this beautiful?

Turnip greens that I usually plant in the Fall
had some seeds in freezer and planted

Sprouted potato I cut in sections and put in garden and they are growing
Seeds from a butternut squash were buried in garden - they are growing.

I smile.....

Now time for lunch
some of my children and grandchildren buy organic.
Growing some of my vegetables
so nice to know where they come from.


Having the opportunity to sit and enjoy a delicious meal is something precious
~~~Thich Nhat Hahn~~~

10 comments:

kerrdelune said...

Lovely, and I so wish I lived next door and could share your lunch!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

A lovely post about your gentle live.

Enjoy.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Cate and Lorraine, thank you.

Sky said...

yummmmmmmmmm!

lil red hen said...

You seem very content and happy today. Your prepared meal looks very good!

the wild magnolia said...

i'm with cate, wish we lived next door, and could share lunch and life.

((hugs))

lunch looks so good.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, Charlotte and Sandy, thanks for visiting..

colleen said...

Yes! And now I've added fresh eggs. What an adventure. Five in the first day!

Perusing via One Day at a Time.
http://looseleafnotes.com

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Colleen, oh I miss my chickens that I had years ago. Of cours now to supply me I would need just a couple :) thanks for visiting.

Sharon said...

My husband and I were just saying how much we enjoy a good meal. Food tastes so delicious these days ~