Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

They Know How To Live

First image - Miss Callie
Second image was on AOL website this morning.

Wish I could do this occasionally.

Today is tidy the yard,
pile branches to be burned later
spread straw that I picked up earlier from a neighbor  on my new
Spring project of a no till garden - hopefully this will save me work.
empty trunk of car that holds bird seed, dog food and 4 bags of mulch that I picked up for $1 a bag
vacuum garage
clean garage windows
rehang bamboo shade that blew off of hooks on screen porch
have helper show me how to remove vacuum bag from new vacuum
Move a big dead log - we can roll - that once a month grass cutter - moved onto my buttercup bed
my helper is slightly handicapped and rides a bicycle
to my property
Use him 4 hours once a month
Thankful for him

7 comments:

Tabor said...

No young high school students near you? They are great aides. You sound busier than me, although I am trying to be kind to my ankle these days as aches on and off. Today it is almost 60 here and just like April!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, no high school kids that want to do my kind of work or work as hard as Tom. He can do in 3 hours what would take someone else twice as long. He rides his bike here - not far - and I take him home with bike in the back of pickup. Let your ankle heal. 10 years ago
I had something similar and did not let it heal and a problem every since and it is kind of mishapen :)

Balisha said...

It sound like you have a bit of spring fever. Doesn't it feel good to be able to accomplish things like that? Wonderful that you have a helper..Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Oh Balisha, I do not think Spring fever - just some cleanup before healing next week. Will be a couple of weeks before I begin this kind of work again. The sunhine day cooperated. Think it calls for showers almost every day next week.

lil red hen said...

We still do most of our own work, although Popa did hire someone to help him do some repairs at the chicken houses.

It was 61* here this afternoon, but with rain in the forecast we got in wood for the furnace. I had to take off my jacket because it was so warm. I'm wondering if Feb. will be cold?

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, I have always done almost everything - but now find I cannot lift 40 lb bags and not comfortable on a ladder anymore.
Oh yes, yesterday was a almost Spring like day.

Sky said...

wish we had a "tom" to help us with the debris we now have from the ice that followed the recent snow! have a tree down, and property filled with debris that must be removed. only one day out of the next 10 without rain in the forecast.