Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bare Feet Time

I love going with bare feet
All the time in the house,
on the porch, deck and
in the yard
It is always bare feet time
at grandma's
in the summer time....

My children have never
worn shoes in the house
Always kicked off at door
when growing up and
now when they are visiting
 grandchildren do the same

Now in colder weather
socks are on the feet
in the house
shoes in the garden...

Lightning so severe during
the night
I even put my pillows on
the cool wood floors
slept there part of the night....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your deep front porch and swing are a perfect setting for making good barefoot memories with grandchildren. Blessings.

Janell

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I love it. You know I am a bare feet girl! :)

We got a lot of rain here but no lightning.

Judy said...

I would have put my pillows OVER my head! Love barefooting!

Beverly said...

I am a bare foot girl too. I love those little toes sticking up in the air in the pic. We have another stormy day here in TN today.....be safe.

MsGraysea said...

Barefoot sweethearts! What wonderful memories they are making on the swing with you at Wood Haven.

Sounds like you had a scary night. They are headed this way overnight tonight. Is Callie afraid in the storms? I know some dogs are really terrified.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Janell, My Jamie, Judy, Beverly and Marcia - thanks for visiting.
Hopefully no more storms - looks like rest of week will be hot and sunny - I will be on tractor cutting grass :)

Laura said...

us too and me too...love bare feet and cool wood floors...and no one wears shoes in our house...although in winter we've been known to wear double socks!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Laura, see how much in common you have with your other mother :)
Enjoy the ocean.....

the wild magnolia said...

Truly, it is a small world, we are alike in so many ways.

Barefoot is good.

Grand girls...how very funtastic!

Sky said...

after seeing lightening travel across my dorm room floor in college i feel safest in the bed! out here we don't have storms with thunder and lightening. i have heard thunder once or twice in almost 10 years...and i don't think i have ever seen lightening here. strange to me.