Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tuscany Bread And Waldorf Salad


Who else but One Woman would take an image of loaf of Tuscany bread? It is sitting on a over 100 year old biscuit board that was my grandmother's. My mother passed it on to me.

Just finished a grilled cheese sandwich which was wonderful. I am this bread's favorite fan.

Trying to eat healthy for one is a challenge. I made a portion of a Waldorf salad to go with my sandwich. Had the ingredients on hand and did not use celery.

Waldorf Salad - Woodhave style

Chopped Apple
Hand full of Raisins
Hand full of sliced seedless Black Grapes.
Hand full of chopped Walnuts
Mixed with sour cream and a very little mayo.

Tasted good to me!!!

I tried to download information about Provence in Hillsboro Village and it would not go through.
It is my favorite and if you are ever in Nashville - drop in....

4 comments:

Judy said...

I have never had Tuscany bread, but will try it next time I am near the bakery. I love Waldorf Salad--my Mother made it all the time because she thought it was healthy with all the nuts and apples and raisins in it.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, this bread toasted is so good. I do not know if anyone's would be as good as this bakery.
He went to Italy to work with them making different breads. Have a good night ...

Anonymous said...

Your bread looks wonderful. I have never tried it either but I love Waldorf Salad. Eating healthy is hard for me, too, as much as I cook. lol. Have a good weekend.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, thanks for visiting. Have a great weekend :)