Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Almostnotyet

I am borrowing these words from Laura http://www.orli-shines.blogspot.com/

The words have gone over and over in my mind. I read them on her site and the thoughts will not stop.

One Woman - Almostnotyet - in every area of her life. Spiritual, health, emotional, family, dreams, garden, photography, and on and on.

Is it not that way - with all of us. Is it that some recognize it and others never give it a thought.

Do I think too much, am I too sensitive? Yes, and I would be no other way.

Another birthday is arriving soon. How in the world can I be in my 70's? Where has time gone? There is still so much I want to do. So many dreams realized and so many I would like to surface.

Time is running out, or rather time as I know it now. If not time then the energy is diminishing . A trip to the big city yesterday and this morning I could hardly get out of bed. Now that is not me. I usually wake up running.

So what is the answer? Continue to take one day at a time, savor each day and continue to dream and who knows what miracles still might happen?


A NOTE AT 11:05 FROM THE WOODS - MY CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN ARE ALL OVER THE WORLD. SURE KEEPS ME IN A STATE OF PRAYER AND THOUGHTS OF THEM.

ONE ON THE WAY TO CALIFORNIA, ONE LEAVING FOR CALIFORNIA THIS EARLY EVENING, ONE IN NEW YORK, ONE IN COPENHAGAN, ONE IN THAILAND, ONE IN FLORIDA AND MICHIGAN.

I am at HOME AND OUTSIDE ENJOYING THE FALL WEATHER IN THE WOODS.
GUESS I AM RIGHT WHERE I AM SUPPOSE TO BE.

13 comments:

Laura said...

Oh sweet One Woman, I hope that I will be as wise as you one day, and that I too will live into my 70's and be aware of my life the way you are...I believe lots and lots of miracles I will happen...they may be very tiny so we must pay careful attention...because "almostnotyet" is really just another way of saying "right now"...and reaching out and connecting with souls far and wide in an instant across the miles and through the internet is nothing short of a miracle in my mind/heart.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Laura, you are a blessing.. Thank you :)

Judy said...

I also wonder how I got this old this quick. If the next 10 years go as fast as the last 10--I just don't know what to do, BUT we can't waste the time pondering on this. Onward and upward.

I like Laura's comment--a wise woman.

Freda said...

I'm closer to 70 now than 60 and I cannot believe how quickly time goes by, yet I still feel like a work in progress. I think that is a good way to be. Thanks for your thoughts and for the reminder.

mermaid said...

May you hold your body lovingly, and may this decade bring many more blessings. You always say I am wise for my age, but if I can just be with all that I experience as you do, I will also be One Woman Who Is Happy!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy and Freda, thank you for commenting.
Mermaid - as always - thank you...

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Wishing you an "almost there" birthday, One Woman. I agree with Laura, you are a wise woman indeed. I appreciate so much how you embrace your loved ones in prayer...no matter where they are. May you love and be happy.

Nan said...

I loved this post. It is perfect. 'almostnotyet' - wonderful.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Nan, you came back. I shed tears over you "dear lady". So happy my friend has returned.

Sky said...

:)

Sharon said...

Laura's "word" has stayed with me, too, because I love the sense of possibility in it. You seem to enjoy every minute of every day. Maybe your body is reminding you to take care of yourself along the way so you can enjoy all the surprises still to come.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jan, Sky & Sharon, thank you for visiting.
Sharon - I would say you are right on target :)

MsGraysea said...

As Laura says, you are a very wise woman and thus very blessed.
You always endow us with such poignant food for thought.
Thank you!