Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

One Year Ago - Almost

What do you do on a 100 degree afternoon? You feel like doing nothing. The ceiling fan oscilating on the screen porch was really quite pleasant. One look up and the corners revealed all kinds of critters.

So you retrieve the shop vacuum from the garage and go over the ceiling of the screen porch. All kinds of critters on that porch.

A thought keeps coming into her mind - what was going on a year ago. I know it was about the time I moved a few items to the country.

I like this post from one year ago and still feel the same deep sense "that I am where I belong."

It's Happening

I clicked on emails early this morning and it put a smile on my face to see some uplifting "cheering on."

Last night decided - I needed more help both physically and emotionally. Guess who came to the rescue ---- I wonder what would this mom do without him. My special son!! Last night he loaded his vehicle with a number of things I did not want on the moving truck and this morning will bring a cooler to transport groceries to put in my new refrigerator. I truly needed someone with me.

This independent One Woman who for years has always been able to coast on her own has tears in her eyes as she admits her weakness. Guess it is the time of my life and age. I must also add that this is a dream that is becoming a reality. There are all kinds of mixed emotions taking place. The moving people will arrive in two hours and then I am on my way for my first nights in the country.

Where in the world does the "stuff" come from? Especially when I have been continually downscaling for a number of years. This home looks great and I will not miss one single thing that is being taken out of it. Why am I so emotional? Is this normal? I guess normal for One Woman. A dream coming true and I have the thoughts of - how long will I be able to enjoy the life I am headed for. Painfully aware that I am in the gift years. The Bible says we are granted 70 years and anything after that is a gift. Enough of this melancholy sharing. On a happy note is the fact that my 7 year old granddaughter wants to go with me for the day and night. She will be truly welcome. My daughter and husband will be in that old home place area tomorrow and will pick her up. So my first night will be with my little one.

Thank you so much for the continued encouraging. To think I questioned having a journal and revealing myself so openly. Revealing the past, present and what is to come. This journey has been a learning experience and a joy that came with many new friendships. Will be back on line the end of week. Imagine no television, land line phone and computer - I think it will be great!!!

No comments: