Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Inside Day

She welcomed being inside today. Did some inside chores and took this picture of books by her chair. Most of them have a book mark in them. Seems she has not been very disciplined with her reading. So many other things to distract her. Mentally planning her garden, looking out windows to view birds, quickly taking an image, and just daydreaming - when she is not running errands or on computer.

Enjoyed reading some of John O"Donohue's "Bless The Space Between Us". Also, spent time going through some of my hand written journals that go back many years.

Renew thyself completely each day: do it again, and again, and forever again.
Chinese inscription cited by Thoreau in Walden

It is raining and O.W. is recovering from many phone calls to phone company about her air card.
On the phone with technical assistants (that is what they call them) for hours yesterday.
Everyone told her something different and nothing worked. The last call - and of course - they are in another country - was the straw that broke the camels back.

Downloading something on computer so that air card could be re programed and half way through the download - which half took about 25 minutes - the download would stop. Went through this procedure twice.

The last person that was helping her said he could spend no more time on this, he had other customers and someone would call her later. She lost her temper and her emotions took over - asked if he could not see her through this procedure, since hours had already been spent trying to correct the situation - he said "no". Phone company later apologized for this employee.

So upset that she could hardly sleep last night. She wishes she did not get upset so easily.
But then maybe it would affect other people the same way.

So bottom line - the air card is being replaced. So hopefully the new card works satisfactorily.

Sun is suppose to shine tomorrow and she will be back in the garden.

6 comments:

Beverly said...

I cannot wait for the sunshine. Today was pretty cloudy and rainy. I know how you must have felt with the tech support...or non-support would be more like it. I had a bad night too. A baby's mom got very upset with me and I ended up crying. It is so hard when you do your best, and it is not enough...I should have emailed you.... :)

Cloudhands said...

I love your pile of books. They make me feel at home. All the books beside my chair have slips of paper marking special passages or quotes I want to copy out. Some have lists of page numbers and notes to myself.
I am ignoring your tech support because I don't even want to get started on that subject except to say 'My heart goes out to you, I've been right there for hours.'

Sharon said...

Hopefully your computer issue will be resolved with the new card. I hate to think about the hours that I, too, have spent on the phone to get help with tech support. We need to enjoy the sun when it shines.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Answered everyone and computer went out. Beverly - so sorry for the tears - me too. Email anytime!!
Barbra, we have a lot in common.
Cool in my area today. Have to clean on city yard - my heart is not in it.
Sharon, thanks for visiting and understanding.

Sky said...

i get very upset when i am being given poor customer service. sounds like that was what you had. it should not matter how long it takes to resolve a problem. it sounds like he could be evaluated on how many calls he handles instead of on the results of the calls, and that was why he wanted to go. i have heard of similar situations in various companies which, of course, compromise customer service significantly.

here is hoping the weekend will prove to be much more pleasant!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, thank you - your comments are always meaningful to me.