Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Joy Is - Sometimes Looking Back



What a difference a year makes!!!!!!! Posted this one year ago. Seemed to have lost one picture - trying to post this again. Need to get off computer and start my day.
TOP PICTURE WAS TAKEN LAST FALL AFTER HOME WAS FINISHED - It tells me that a lot has been accomplished in a short time. Now my gardens are my next project.
Old Entry..........

I just returned from the country. I planned on staying all day and had packed my lunch.
Mud - Mud - Mud and no sunshine. But the workers were busy and I can see the progress.

Stayed about an hour and a half and headed back to the city. I was eating my lunch driving down the road.
When I returned this was sent to me. How can this grandma not smile and feel happy - when looking at this joyful little face.

They were so excited about this trip (mom doing some surveying to write a story). Wonderful accommodations came probably at a good rate. One little one in a conversation last night "oh grandma, it is beautiful here and we have our own room with twin beds - you should have come with us". I was invited but with all that is going on with building and selling I thought it better I stay home.

Joy is the feeling of grinning inside Melba Calgrove

Joy sent to One Woman this afternoon

10 comments:

Judy said...

So glad the house is coming along. Those pictures are so cute. She is a doll and looks a lot like her grandma to me.

Darlene said...

The house should be finished when the leaves on those trees are showing; at least I hope so. Since you have built so many houses you know that the slowest part is the interior. That's when you need patience.

Your granddaughters are such pretty little girls. They look like they are having a ball.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy and Darlene thank you for the compliments. Oh yes, I know the interior will take longer. I may just stay there some with it not finished. Or rather I probably will.

Beverly said...

I see all the firewood, but did not see the chimney...is it in the back?

It is really coming along. The girls are having fun, aren't they...

Tabor said...

I can just smell that new wood. The mud will go away although it seems endless now! I agree with Judy...that little girl sure looks like you.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beverly, no wood burning fireplace. I will have gas logs.
If garage is later turned into library a fireplace can be put on the side wall. In the past I have hauled in 25 ricks or more in the winter, took out the ashes and cleaned up the dust. One Woman cannot do this anymore. Stacked wood for fire pit which will be outside.
Tabor, you are right the mud will go away -guess just not quick enough for me.

Balisha said...

What progress! The house is growing before our very eyes. I see the dormers...will there be a 2nd floor? How are things coming along with the sale of your other house? We are just beginning to see some interest in real estate here.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha no second floor or rather guess part of one.
A loft area with a large bedroom, bathroom and sitting area. The one dormer window is in that bedroom and the other in the vaulted ceiling of small great room. Yes hopefully real estate picks up so I can move on!!

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

What a year it has been for you! And I am so happy for you that things have settled down and into a more gentle routine - trees, porch, rocker, lovely grandbabies who come visit. May you fully enjoy this life....

Balisha said...

I'm here looking back with you. What progress you have made in one year. I'm anxious to see what you will do in your gardens too. Don't work too hard...take time to smell the roses (as they say)How is your weather today? I will be in the yard today...before we get snow this weekend.
Balisha