Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Good Day

I drove to surgeons office this morning at 8:30. He said what I knew he was going to say.
I could not be doing any better. Released me and said just take extra care for another 4 weeks and do not lift anything heavy. Smiled and said I expected to much of myself for just 2 weeks after surgery. I feel as though I have lost a month of my life. But - hey - I am smiling and beginning to feel like my normal self.
So I returned home on this sunny day and picked up a lot of sticks in the yard that had blown in yard from storm and enjoyed the sunshine.
Tomorrow I drive to my dentist to have a temporary crown replaced. The first one that came in was not correct and then when the correct one arrived I was in the midst of this health thing.
I am so very thankful this is past and almost ashamed of myself for being so emotional and frightened.
No more talk of this. Soon will be posting about my new adventure which seems to be progressing.
Thank you again online friends for writing and encouraging me. You will never know what it has meant to me.

Love and Blessings to all of you - From One Woman this late sunny afternoon.

15 comments:

Darlene said...

I'm so glad you are having a good day. Continue on your recovery and you will feel better than you did before the surgery.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thank you dear Darlene for your continued online friendship.

Beverly said...

so glad you are better. I think you are back to your old self, well, not old, but your well self.

lilalia said...

Still, it must have been a relief of sorts, when the doctor said you were as good as you could expect yourself to be. Sure hope those sticks and fallen branches were small ones... keep dear care.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beverly and Lilalia thanks for checking in. Yes, the branches were not heavy. I am so thankful at this very moment to feel better.

Judy said...

Ernestine, we are survivors! I knew everything would be just fine and you would spring back. I am so glad you are so much better and there are so many better days to come and so much to keep you occupied in the future. Have a good Valentine's Day tomorrow and a great weekend.

MsGraysea said...

Your words conveyed the sunshine in your voice. Great news!

L. said...

What great news to hear this morning! : )

Sending sunshine your way...
xoxo

Balisha said...

Happy to hear your good news. Do take care and Happy Valentine's Day!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, Marcia, Grammie and Balisha
Thanks for your comments.
Now "energy please return" I have a lot to do!!

kenju said...

I'm glad to know that you are recovering quickly!

Sky said...

glad to hear you are moving along nicely in your recovery process. i hope you don't push yourself too much.

Daffodil Hill said...

Glad you are doing well! Just take care of yourself and hang in there. You'll be ready for that adventure in no time. Thanks for stopping by Daffodil Hill. {{{hugs}}}

Marcie said...

Hope all is well and that your weekend was restorative! I will check in on your later in the week.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Kenju, Sky, Aisling and Daffodil Hill thanks for checking in. I soon will be back in the swing of posting.